Meet IFC President Matt Skurnick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

What activities are you involved in on campus?
I am a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon, the Inter-Fraternity Council, and play Rugby.

How do you find time to balance your activities?
Google Calendars are a miracle.

As chairman of IFC, what is something you think students should know about the organization?
The more united IFC can be, the stronger its organizations will become.  IFC is an advocate for fraternities and a resource for its chapters to get information and help.

Is there anything you are aiming to achieve while in the position of chairman?
More trust and communication between IFC and administration.  It’s a
shame that we are not more open with each other on important issues.

What are you looking forward to in your senior year at the university?
Hopefully winning another state championship with the rugby team,
enjoying the year, and figuring out what I want to do with my life.

Any words of advice for underclassmen?
Be involved in whatever organization(s) you join.  The more you do and take on, the more you’ll get out of your time and the organization.

Hilary Rosenthal is a senior International Relations major and minor in Journalism at the University of Rochester. Hilary recently returned from a semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain and is excited to return to campus. She is a a varsity lacrosse player, Vice President of Panhellenic Conduct, a writer for Athletic Communications and a writer for the Campus Times. She hails from Loudonville, New York and loves skiing, fashion, exploring music, hot yoga, ice cream and fro- yo, traveling, cooking, nail polish and a great book. Although most of her experience is in the political field, she is extremely excited to work on and start a Her Campus branch at the University of Rochester.