Former VSAAC President Josh Richards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

What activities are you involved in on campus?
 I was president of VSAAC (Varsity Student Athlete Advisory Committee and member of the Men’s Soccer Team.

What made you want to be involved in VSAAC?
 I have always played soccer so I knew I wanted to continue that in college. I also was heavily involved in community service in middle school and high school so I wanted to continue that in college as well. I knew
VSAAC would be a great way to leverage my opportunities to do what I wanted as far as community service.

How did you find time to balance your activities through out college?
 Time management and passion are the biggest keys. If you can manage your time well then you should be alright in college with whatever you do. Also, if you have passion for the things you do, there should never be the question about finding time to balance everything, but instead you should feel privileged that you are allowed to do all these things.

How are you adapting to no longer being a varsity athlete?
 Loving life. I have massive amounts of free time for other activities
I want to partake in that I did not have before being an athlete.

What are your plans for next year?
 I am going to work as an Accountant in Financial Reporting &
Accounting for Sandoz Inc. in Princeton, NJ. Sandoz is the generics pharmaceuticals of Novartis.

Any advice to under classmen?
Make a difference. As an athlete or campus leader it is imperative that you make a difference in the lives of the youth in the area. The kids in the surrounding communities do not have many things long term to look forward to so if you can build a relationship with kids in the communities from the early days at U of R, than you can make such a positive impact on so many lives of the kids in the community.

Hilary Rosenthal is a senior International Relations major and minor in Journalism at the University of Rochester. Hilary recently returned from a semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain and is excited to return to campus. She is a a varsity lacrosse player, Vice President of Panhellenic Conduct, a writer for Athletic Communications and a writer for the Campus Times. She hails from Loudonville, New York and loves skiing, fashion, exploring music, hot yoga, ice cream and fro- yo, traveling, cooking, nail polish and a great book. Although most of her experience is in the political field, she is extremely excited to work on and start a Her Campus branch at the University of Rochester.