This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

I have admired Claire’s effortless style since the first day of freshman year. Mixing classic staples with bold accessories, and taking inspiration from all decades of fashion history, her eye for aesthetics is spot on. Claire proves that looking put together doesn’t need to be hard or expensive. Plus, a girl who despises sweatpants as much as I do gets a fashion A+ in my book every time.

Claire Cohen
Class of 2011
 New York, New York
Art History Major

Dress: Nasty Gal (www.shopnastygal.com)
Necklace: Forever21
Leggings: H&M
Boots: Bata (store in Florence)
Watch: Casio

NG: What inspires your style?
CC: I have subscriptions to a million magazines so I’m always inspired by what I read about. I’m also really inspired by my mom’s style. She used to be a fashion and beauty editor at a magazine so I’m always looking to her for ideas.

NG: What is your favorite place to shop?
CC: My favorite place to show hands down is Zara. They’re clothes are incredibly chic and affordable. I also really love H&M.

NG: How does where you live effect your fashion choices?
CC: In NYC everyone looks put together so I never roll out of my house wearing just sweatpants. I also wear a lot of black and I blame NY for that…everyone wears tons of black in the city.

NG: I know you’re a photographer, how does this point of view influence your style?
CC: I guess a lot of times I will be drawn to clothing because I know it will photograph well. Sometimes I will buy something just because I know I can use it for a photoshoot. For instance I bought a bright red bustier one-piece swimsuit from H&M once…not only did I get a kick out of wearing it, but I got some pretty great photographs of my friend wearing it too!

NG: What are your plans for the future?
CC: I’m hoping that I can get a job at a fashion magazine in the city, preferably working in the photo department because I love photography.

NG: What is playing on your iPod these days?
CC: Graffiti6

NG: What is your absolute favorite piece of clothing? Where did you get it?
CC: Do shoes count? I have a pair of bright red patent leather t-strap heels from Nine West that I’m obsessed with–I’ve had them for so long they’re starting to rip!

Kaitlin Carragher is a junior at the University of Rochester majoring in Economics and minoring in Legal Studies.  While she has no previous experience with journalism, she is very excited to be a part of the Her Campus team.  Speaking of journalism, she put off writing this bio for four months, but hey who's counting?  Since her major's not quite her favorite thing, Kaitlin has spent most of her undergraduate career getting involved on campus.  She is currently President of the Epsilon Rho Chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority, an active member of student government, a Student-Alumni Ambassador, Relay for Life coordinator, and a few other other things--guess you can never have too many activities.  Originally from the suburbs of Boston, Kaitlin will be spending this summer in Dublin, Ireland, where she's hoping to finally be among people that are just as pale and freckled as she is.  Along with being pale, her other main weaknesses include a fear of the ocean, hatred of potato chips, and the inability to correctly pronounce "hot dog."  Kaitlin's current obsessions include Groupon, greek yogurt, and 90s pop music.  After college Kaitlin hopes to go into marketing, but she is currently searching for ways to extend the length of senior year to forever.