21 Thoughts Everyone Has on Holiday Roadtrips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

It’s that time of year again! Time to leave school work behind and eat three times our body weights in delicious food. Thanksgiving and winter break are just weeks, even just days, away. But before we can reach wherever we are going to the holidays, there’s always the process of getting from school to there. This article is for you travellers who know the struggle. Packed into a vehicle with clothes, food, gifts, and of course your lovely family members, you know you’re in it for the long haul. But it will be worth it. Because mashed potatoes. So here you have it, 21 thoughts everyone has when stuck in the car for 4, 5, 15 hours (or more). 

1. I’m hungry.

2. I’m tired.

3. There is NO comfortable sleeping position.

4. This radio station is the worst.

5. THANK GOD we are stopping for McDonald’s.

6. Nope, just stopping for gas. Cool.

7. Actually stopping for McDonald’s. Bless up. I’m getting a ton of food.

8. Instant regret after finishing entire fast food feast. 

9. Awesome, entering a new state. Let’s check snapchat geotags…

10. It’s nice to hear about everyone’s lives after being away from them for so long!

11. Ok, ok can you people shut up? I’ve heard the same story twice. No one cares. Ugh. 

12. Need to pee need to pee need to pee

13. Ok great, half way there. The first half wasn’t so bad. Just think of the pies.

14. Group chat doesn’t understand your struggles. They are REAL

15. Maybe an informed discussion about politics would be engaging.

16. NOPE wrong bad idea. Note to self: avoid all politics for rest of vacation

17. How are my classes you ask? (Terrible, they’re terrible) Great! Totally getting all A’s!

18. Can’t wait to get out of this car.

19. My leg is asleep. Cannot feel my leg. Feeling is back. IT BURNS.

20. One hour left. I can survive this. 

21. I’m alive. We’re here. I didn’t think I would make it but I did.

Alex is junior from just outside Rochester, NY studying business and studio art. Ultimately, she is interested in a career in advertising. When Alex isn't studying, she can be found crafting or watching The Office for the 100th time. She has a passion for good puns and good food. She also has a pretty cool chocolate lab that typically takes up the majority of her snapchat story.