Meet the University of Richmond Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond chapter.

Meet The U of R Team!

Her Campus at the University of Richmond is a brand new chapter, and this is an exciting time for all of us! We cannot wait to share with all of our readers what we have to offer. Here are some of the talents behind team:

Campus Correspondent: Jeanette Lam

Hometown: Virginia Beach, VA

Major: Leadership Studies & Journalism

Minor: Film Studies

Fun Fact: I have a guitar named Peanut, and my favorite form of potato changes every day.

Outside the classroom you can see me… Volunteering at my Bonner site CHAT with my homie and Pi Phi sister Jess Nadel, eating cookies in D-hall or watching Netflix with some good company.

If I were a kitchen utensil, I would be… A BLENDER because I love smoothies and it seems like the most “hyper” kitchen utensil, if kitchen utensils could be hyper.

Favorite spot on campus: The baseball field because that is where my friends and I go to look at stars.

Editor: Bri Park

Hometown: Ardmore, PA

Major: Journalism and Political Science

Outside the classroom you can see me… at Youth Life mentoring some of my favorite kids!

If I were a kitchen utensil, I would be…an ice cream scoop because who would not want to be around ice cream all day?

Favorite spot on campus: My favorite spot on campus is one of the piano practice rooms in Booker hall because I love playing music.

Marketing Director: Brooke Willemstyn

Hometown: Little Silver, NJ

Minor: Leadership Studies

Minor: Business Administration

Fun Fact: I worked on a Navajo Reservation in New Mexico for 3 months this past summer.

Outside the classroom you can see me… Planning the next UR Coffeehouse for Open Air Arts Club!

Favorite spot on campus: Totally depends on the weather–if it is warm any hammock or in the gazebo feeding ducks. When it is gross out, I love going to my sorority’s cottage and making pancakes.

Social Media Director: Louise Howorth

Hometown: London, England

Major: Journalism

Minor: History/Education

Fun Fact: I have lived on three different continents!

Outside the classroom you can see me… Educating the New Members of Delta Delta Delta at UR and on the court and field playing IM games.

If I were a kitchen utensil, I would be a… Spoon! Why? Because I am well rounded, get it?!

Favorite spot on campus: My favorite spot on campus when it is raining is the Education Library in North Court because it is very quiet, but bright and open. My favorite spots on campus when it is sunny are the IM fields for relaxing, and the side of the library for studying. 

Get ready gang for an exciting new chapter! We know we are!

Isla is a sophomore at University Richmond pursuing a degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance and Economics and minors in French and Law. She was born in Seoul, South Korea and raised in Milwaukee, WI. Outside of being a student, she's a coxswain for the UR Club Crew team, a tour guide, and a lifestyle writer for the Collegian. She can appreciate a good cup of coffee, and she is a firm believer that pilates, in fact, did change her life.