5 Annoying Contradictions You Experience Towards the End of the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond chapter.

1.  You’re super busy but you have no motivation.

It’s the busiest time of year!  And yet, while you have a to-do list long enough to fill a notebook, all you can think about is the impending summer vacation and all the things you’d rather be doing.

2.  You want to snack and stress-eat but you need to be healthy and fit for summer.

Eating your feelings is definitely a thing but swimsuit season is also a thing…so the question is: to stress eat or not to stress eat?

3.  You’re exhausted but there’s no time to sleep.

This time of year, it seems impossible to take the time to get a good night’s sleep.  With little-to-no free moments, assignments and obligations keep piling up and instead of catching up on sleep you seem to fall further and further into exhaustion.  It’s a vicious cycle, really.

4.  You’re sick of dhall food but you’re out of money.

The last thing you want to do is eat dhall food for every meal, but it’s gotten to the point where your off-campus dining options are no longer sustainable as the beginning of the semester has really put a dent in your bank account.

5.  You want to see your friends before you leave them for the summer but you have no time.

While you’re sad because you know that soon miles and miles will separate you from your friends, it becomes impossible to find time to see them.  No one seems to be running on the same schedule as everyone frantically scrambles in their end-of-year crunch.