This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond London chapter.

The SAG-AFTRA strike has ended, and that means I get to talk about movies. Context about me I work in a movie theatre and get to watch any movies I want to see, this means I watch a lot of movies, and these are some movies you should watch this November.  

Five nights At Freddie’s  

Based on the beloved children’s game, Five Nights at Freddie’s, the movie completely replicates the game’s feel. Perfectly adding the lore and suspense, this is a scarier movie released before Halloween but perfect for returning to your childhood. This is rated 15+, so bring ID for your younger companions.   

Bottoms  

Bottoms is a hilarious, action-packed, lesbian, coming-of-age film. Created by the people who did Pitch Perfect, it has the raunchy humour that is so beloved in their senior films, with the optimal amount of queer culture seeping throughout the film. It’s great for people who love a good laugh from both the dialogue and the body language the actors bring to the film.     

The Marvels  

Honestly, I haven’t been keeping up with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but this movie has resurrected my love for it. Having no idea what happened since Hawkeye became Hailey Seinfeld, I went into the movie completely blind. Still, I was genuinely surprised to be able to understand and laugh at this new story. It was its own entity and was so cool in how they developed the characters and the broader storyline. The three Marvels comedy levels together were absolute perfection. I recommend it to anyone who loves superheroes on any level.  

Killers of the Flower Moon  

This movie is for people who love Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio, or movies on the long side. With all of these additions, the movie is entertaining. Though some slow moments let you feel the three hours of the film, it has enough action to move it along. This movie is based on the book by David Grann. It follows the love story of a white man and a member of the Osage Nation during a time of murder sprees of the nation and monopoly of oil.  

Dream Scenario  

This is the newest Nicolas Cage movie to bless the cinema. It is of a plain professor who starts to pop up in people’s dreams. As weird as they are, these dreams start to become nightmares, and Cage tiptoes on the line of fame and ill-repute in the modern world of technology. Though it’s intended to be scary, this is one of the funniest movies I have seen of him besides Renfield. 

Hunger Games Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes  

The prequel of the original Hunger Games trilogy bringing back everyone and their grandma’s 2013 Hunger Games phase. I would recommend it if you watched any of the Hunger Games movies or if you are a sucker for dystopian worlds. The story follows Future President Cornelius Snow during the 10th Hunger Games as the world around him is being rebuilt from the rebellion that happened 10 years prior. Coming out November 17th.

Mercedes "Rainey" Tapia Hajeski is the Chapter Correspondent of the Richmond London chapter. She is in her final year majoring in Communications: Media and is also the President of the schools Communications Society.