This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Things to do while social distancing that aren’t just scrolling through TikTok or watching Netflix

Learn a new recipe

This could be baking something new, making dinner for your family, or even just finally perfecting that cup of coffee. Cooking can be intimidating, but in the end, it’s so fun to see what you were able to create!

Go for a walk

This is basic, but walking is great exercise and a nice break from being inside your house. If the weather is nice where you are, a nice daily stroll (or two…or three…) can be so good for the soul.

Make Sock Puppets of your friends

Not ashamed to say I’ve been doing this. We used to do this at camp for our friends that couldn’t be there that summer, and I’m bringing it back during COVID-19.

Get Dressed up

Do your hair and makeup for no one but yourself. Experiment with a new eyeshadow look, and try on that outfit that’s been sitting in your closet. You have nowhere to be and no one to impress but yourself!

FINALLY do that closet cleanout

After moving out of my dorm and back home, I was embarrassed to see how much stuff I had. I went through my closet and put shoes and clothes that I haven’t worn in years into bags ready to be donated, and I’ve never felt better.

We’re in this together, good luck and have fun adjusting to this new normal!

Katie Seage

Rhodes '22

just doing my best