I absolutely am obsessed with my playlists. None of the ones I listen to are public - mostly because my feelings about each song are always changing and there’s no way to ensure that each person that listens to the playlist is listening to a version that I think is the most perfect. I hope that makes sense because I don’t really know any other way to explain it. Anyways, I thought I would share 20 songs (and maybe some extra ones in the end) that I've been playing on repeat for ages. In other words, a lot of these songs aren’t “new”. So, enjoy!
- Moviéndolo - Pitbull & El Micha || Échame La Culpa - Luis Fonsi & Demi Lovato
Most of the songs from my Latinx playlist get me moving and I usually can never get these songs out of my head. Play them if you’re in a good, danc-y mood!
- Agu - Phyno || Bobo - Mayorkun & Davido
We stay dancing, but this time, with Afrobeat! I’m Nigerian so Afrobeat flows in my blood. Play these songs for something to groove to!
- Don’t Waste My Time - Usher & Ella Mai || Straight Up and Down - Bruno Mars
One of these songs is fast and the other is slower (looking at the artists, you have no clues either haha) but somehow, I feel like they belong in the same point.
- Girls In The Hood - Megan Thee Stallion || QueldelaVie - DAMSO
I enjoy very few rap songs for extended periods of time. But these two playing on earphones take me to a whole new level.
- Think About Things - Daði Freyr || MIC Drop - BTS & Steve Aoki
These are Pop songs that I adore. I’m not an Army but oh wow the chorus of this song takes me places. And I’m sure by now you’ve heard Think About Things in one or two TikToks.
- Feelings - Patoranking || Insecure - Sauti Sol
These are slower Afrobeat songs with hip-rotating vibes to them...I think they’re the types of songs that demand that your significant other...or your imagination is present. I really like them too so be kind.
- Part Time Love - Jacob Banks || Awe - Aṣa
If you need some songs to slow dance to or to watch the rain to, try these.
- Drinking Alone - Carrie Underwood || Hard to Forget - Sam Hunt
I love country music - drop your complaints in the Bermuda Triangle. I love Sam Hunt too so enjoy these upbeat country songs that I absentmindedly sing a lot of the time.
- Put The Hurt On Me - Midland || Take Your Time - Sam Hunt
If you want to slow your country down a little bit, try these. A friend had a Midland album playing in his car on my way to get my Social Security number (lol I know) and this song stuck with me from that day. And Sam Hunt again because why not?
- Fall For Anything - The Script || Thin White Lies - 5 Seconds of Summer
I had a punk rock phase when I was 14 but hey...these songs are amazing.
- End of The Road - BoyzIIMen || You Are - Charlie Wilson
I can’t recommend any list of songs without some classic RnB so here you are - two extra (bonus) songs if you will :)
Let me know on Instagram (@fikemiaiye) if you liked any of these!