Runway to Rhodes: A (Not So) Shameless Plug

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

I feel a little lame about doing this, but it’s for a good cause! Being the fashionista and/or shopping addict that I am, I wanted to create an event that raised money for the Make-A-Wish foundation and gave me an excuse to, well, shop, even as the Chi Omega philanthropy chair. Thus, ‘The Chi-O Card’ was born.

The Chi-O Card offers 15 discounts to various restaurants and stores around Memphis. It’s $10 and 100% of the proceeds go to Make-A-Wish. I personally shop at stores that offer discounts on the card, so obviously they must be great. The stores and restaurants on the card include:

Cafe Eclectic (20% off your entree)
Bosco’s (20% off food)
Young Avenue Deli (.25 soft drinks)
Crazy Beautiful (30% off your total purchase)
Wish (25% off your purchase)
Flirt (15% off one item)
YoLo (20% off your yogurt)
Swanky’s (free chips + queso with a meal)
Sachi (20% off one item)
Soul Fish (35% off your meal)
Camy’s ($1 off)
The Bar-B-Que Shop ($1 off)
Indigo (25% off your total purchase)
Runway Boutique (15% off one item)
Paggio’s ($20 off treatment)

So this is how it works. You roll into Crazy Beautiful looking for a new formal dress. After finding ‘the one’ it’s time to check out. Pull out your Chi-O Card and get 30% off the dress, as well as anything else you picked out. Pretty nifty, if I do say so myself.

If you are interested in buying a card for 10 dollars, email me at anbmc@rhodes.edu!

Chelsea is a junior at Rhodes College, class of 2012, majoring in English and minoring in both Chinese & International Studies. She plans to pursue a career in print or broadcast journalism. Her involvement on campus ranges from serving as co-captain of the varsity field hockey team, to being a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority, to writing sports & fashion articles for Rhodes' media outlets. Chelsea has interned at CBS Channel 4 News Boston in the sports room, as well as other companies where she enjoyed internships in event-planning, marketing, fashion, jewelry design, and human rights. Aside from work and school, Chelsea enjoys running, music, singing, and shopping online.