This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving break is over, I am wondering how I will pull through on these last two weeks of classes. To be honest, it will take a lot of strength and momentum for me to power through. While I found this short break to be rejuvenating, it was also quite upsetting because now I have to go back to the reality that is classes and homework every day. Only this time, it is filled with final projects and exams that are worth a lot. Here are my tips on how to stay motivated during these final weeks of college. 

1. Sleep: Your body needs rest! Make sure you are giving your body the time it needs to shut down and restart itself. I try to shoot for 7-8 hours a night, of course, sometimes there are only 6 hours that I get, however, during project heavy weeks, I try to get a bit more. By just allowing yourself that break from continuous homework, you are giving yourself time to cool down and pick itself back up. I look forward to sleeping the most during the week because I know that it is the only time I don’t worry about school. 
  2. Breaks: Whether it is taking time to watch Netflix, read for fun, or paint a picture, it is so important that you give yourself a break during these stressful times. You are doing great, so treat yourself to fun things! A few of my favorites include watching Tiktoks, playing with my dogs, or simply just cooking or baking. I find it nice to give myself fun breaks when I am doing my work because it helps me regain focus. We have been working so hard these past few months, so I enjoy any extra time I get in my schedule to do something fun. 
  3. Relax: I mean both mentally and physically. We have been doing our best during this pandemic, and most of the time it is extremely overwhelming. Sometimes taking a hot shower is enough for me to relax; I also like making tea or just watching a few episodes on Netflix to wind down. I also try to take Fridays and Saturdays slowly and give myself time to truly rest and reset for the rest of the week. 
  4. Study: The thing I dread more than anything, studying. I don’t think it is meant to be fun, but I think there are ways to make it more bearable. If I have the time, I like to write out any important things that I have studied, so for Spanish, I take the time to write out every vocab word. I feel like writing stuff out helps me remember it longer. I also enjoy color-coordinating information or using fun markers to take notes. I find it easier to find information when I am studying, and it is also more enjoyable to look at bright, fun colors, rather than just pen. I like to study for a while, then allow myself a 15-20-minute break because it is important to not burn yourself out! Studying takes a lot out of you, so it is important that you allow yourself time to reset.  

Obviously, there are probably way more ways to stay motivated during these tough times, but these are the top things that I find to be most important to me. Everyone is different when it comes to sleeping and studying habits, as well as what people enjoy doing for fun. However, I hope you allow yourself time to relax during these final weeks! We can do this–finish strong!

Hi, I'm Sabrina and I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. I'm majoring in Political Science and International Studies.