13 Side Effects of Working at a Drugstore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

I’ve been a part-time customer service associate at a chain convenience drugstore for almost eight months now, and I (mostly) love it. However, nobody ever warned me of the various side effects one may experience from working there. You may work at a drugstore if:

You have to stop yourself from greeting customers when you’re shopping at another store and remind yourself to get out of that customer service mentality.

That one song that always plays at work always plays in your mind, too.

You mentally prepare yourself for battle when you see something like this.

You are guilty of this.

This is the story of your life.

This is what you do when there’s nothing to do.

You daydream while you work and in your dreams you work.

This is your biggest pet peeve when you’re out shopping on your own.

Pretty much half of your paycheck goes back to your workplace due to all the cool stuff you find.

You make this face when your coworkers walk in.

You know how common shoplifting is.

You will always have a rivalry against your workplace’s business rival.

Finally, Friendly customers make your day and you make customers’ days, too!

Regent. Elementary Education Major. Junior Year. Twenty. Swedish. Candy Lover. Sweet-ish. God. Family. Friends.
My name is Lili Nizankiewicz. I currently attend Regent University, and I am studying English with a concentration in creative writing. My ultimate goal is to go to grad school for creative nonfiction and eventually become a writing professor at a university. I am a writer, reader, violinist, and coffee drinker. Writing is extremely important and personal to me, and I believe that it can break down many social, mental, emotional, and spiritual barriers that people struggle with. I also adore reading because that is where my love for writing began. Reading has always acted as a comforting escape in my life, and I have fallen in love with so many incredible literary characters, like Scout Finch and Peter Pan. The violin allows me to take a step back from the world of English and literature. I find the beautiful instrument to be both relaxing and challenging. I also really love coffee; it keeps me alive during my weariest days and makes me happy overall. Personality-wise, I would describe myself as introverted, introspective, determined, hardworking, and a little sarcastic.