Achieve A Glam Look In No Time!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

As any makeup aficionado already knows, if you want the look, you are going to have to wake up extra early to do your makeup. This time of year between finals, Christmas shopping, and trying not to go insane, we need that extra hour in the morning for sleep. When I see that girl in class all dolled up for her 8 AM final while I’m in sweats and a greasy (SHH!) messy bun, it’s hard not to wonder how she does it.

What if I told you there was a way to eye and lip perfection in 5-10 minutes? Well I’ve been struggling with liquid eyeliner for a while. Yes, it looks flawless when applied properly, but sometimes that requires 2-3 tries. (Especially if you’re jittery from lack of sleep.) Well I tried Rimmel’s Scandal Eyes Khol eyeliner for the first time, and let me tell you, I LOVE it. Okay so it took me a minute to figure out because it glides on so differently than liquid, but to smooth it out I was able to just use my finger! I know that doesn’t work with liquid.

Strangely enough, I have had a nearly OPPOSITE problem with Lipstick. I can never get those waxy tubes of lipstick to glide on in the right shape. If I’m using a pinky or nude color it’s not a huge deal, but if I want bright red “Christmassy” lips to look festive I need the shape to be spot on. Lately I’ve been trying out different liquid lipsticks. I tried Lime Crime, but it’s very sticky. This week I tried Rimmel’s Provocalips 16 HR “Kiss Proof” lip color. Unfortunately today I didn’t get the chance to test the name but I did wear it through eating, and about 13 hours of my day. It stayed impressively well. It wasn’t noticeably sticky at all, which I believe is due to the “step two” which Lime Crime liquids are missing. In case you are wondering this color is called “Play WithFfire” and I will most definitely be wearing it out this holiday season!

I enjoyed the mascara, but in case you didn’t know, mascaras work better when they are slightly dried out (but not too much). Certain professional makeup artists will even leave a new tube open for a few hours to get that perfect consistency. I’ll give Rimmel’s Scandal Eyes mascara another try when it’s a bit drier!

If you need a little boost of energy, I hear great things about Yogi Tea’s Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life! I had some this morning and it was pretty good! I prefer to over-steep my tea, and didn’t this time so I’ll have to try it again soon! It’s nice to find delicious teas with health benefits. Tea itself tends to be a health benefit over coffee or energy drinks–personally, I prefer the flavor of tea. That bit of extra energy in caffeinated tea sometimes does the trick!

Chrisie is a Masters of Fine Arts in Film Producing and Directing student at Regent University. She also manages the film equipment office at the school full time, and on the side runs a princess party business. Her undergraduate degree is in Business Administration and Management from VCU. She has a great entrepreneurial spirit, lives in a messy apartment with loads of craft, sewing, and film supplies, and has begun to produce loads of student films!