This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

I love kids movies. I’m 22, but you’re more likely to find me on a Disney marathon than getting up-to-date on Game Of Thrones or the top trending Netflix picks. If you can relate, here are my top five movies to relax with or play in the background while doing homework. 

1. The Emperor’s New Groove

Okay, so this is one of the most underrated Disney movies ever. It’s quirky, quick-paced, and insanely relateable (for instance, Yzma chooses to kill Kuzco by poisoning him becuase her orginal plan involved paying for postage). To top it off, the moral of the movie feels natural and not too “preachy” as the film progresses. 

Favorite quote from Yzma: “Ah, how shall I do it? Oh, I know. I’ll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea, and then I’ll put that flea in a box, and then I’ll put that box inside of another box, and then I’ll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives…I’ll smash it with a hammer! It’s brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! Genius, I say! Or, to save on postage, I’ll just poison him with this.”

2. A Goofy Movie

This one was a hazier memory for me, but I did remember two things from when I watched it as a kid: the characters seemed incredibly cool and adult-like, and the music was fantastic. Rewatching it made me realize how young the characters actually are in the show, but the music was as great as I remembered it!

Favorite song: “After Today”

3. A Bug’s Life

On top of the empowering story of a misfit ant, the friendship between the main characters, Flik and Dot, is the cutest thing ever. 

4. Space Jam

What kid doesn’t want to beleive that cartoon characters are real? Space Jam pulls it off perfectly with all the main Looney Tunes characters interacting with Michael Jordan as they train to play basketball. 

5. The Land Before Time

It’s hard to pick just one thing to love about this movie: the characters are adorable and well-developed, the story is touching, and the rest of the series keeps the story moving forward. My personal theory is there’s little bit of Cera’s bratty side in all of us. 

Image Credit: Cover, 1,​ 2, 3, 4, 5.