Why You Should Start A Twitter Account!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ramapo chapter.

Sure there’s FaceBook, but have you discovered the power of Twitter? Taking social media to the next level, Twitter was created in 2006 as a networking tool where you can share news, meet potential clients, and possibly find an internship. According to the BBC this year Twitter has over 300 million users.  So why join in on all the Tweeting Fun?

Internships
Finding an internship can be really stressfull, especially when you have nowhere to look, but Twitter solves this neverending problem with sites you can connect with to find that prospective internship! The intern queen for example posts a wide variety of internships for any major! Follow the intern queen @InternQueen! 

Connect with Celebrities
Unlike FaceBook that only has celebrity fan pages, Twitter allows you to talk to the celebrities you know and love. Celebrities like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Britney Spears all have Twitter accounts so tweet them something interesting and maybe they will get back to you! Britney Spears started following me in October and although it was mind-bogglingly random you got to admit its pretty awesome!

Make New Friends and Contacts
There is nothing better than meeting new friends and prospective business contacts you can make on Twitter. Unlike FaceBook find people, places, and businesses that match your interests and tweet away. Making good business contacts in the future could help you get a new job or a possible internship!

Get Good Deals
Believe it or not Twitter has some really awesome deals too! Sites like CheapTweet find you daily deals online exclusively for Twitter users. 

Even Ramapo College has a Twitter @RamapoCollegeNJ so why don’t you! If you want to connect with me on Twitter follow me @CourtneyLeiva!