Keep Calm and Get Organized

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ramapo chapter.

As the semester begins to get into its full swing, it can be grueling to keep track of all the exams, events, and meetings you have to take care of. Between due dates for class assignments and extracurricular activities, your calendar is booked—but that doesn’t mean you should let these dates get the best of you!

If you haven’t already, find a planner that has room to keep track of your homework and the meetings you have to attend, and remember, all of these requirements will be one less stress or to worry you when you’re rushing from one event to the next.

1. Keep track of your short-term and long-term assignments. Write down homework for each class so you can remember what’s due next week, but make special notations for future due-dates your professor gives. It’s hard to study for an exam the night before because you forgot it was coming up, so writing these dates down as far in advance as possible will keep you more organized and less stressed.

2. Write down times and locations of events in your calendar so you don’t have to waste precious time trying to figure out when and where you need to go. On Sunday, look at the events you have in the upcoming week and make sure you know when everything is taking place. This can also help you finish assignments for classes on time, because you can figure out when you’ll have time to do homework.

3. Make a to-do list for the week. This helps organize what assignments you need to get done, along with any tasks you’re required to do for activities outside of class. Besides, there’s nothing more satisfying than crossing tasks off your check-list and actually seeing how much you’ve accomplished.

4. Personalize it! If you’re the type of person that loves color-coordinating, use different colored pens to notate various classes or clubs. If you have to make lists in order to stay organized, keep lists in your planner of assignments you need to complete and events you have to attend. Find what works best for you, and you’ll never have to worry about remembering due dates again.

Hey Guys!! My name is Elina and I'm the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Ramapo Chapter here at Her Campus :)Right now, I'm a senior studying journalism at Ramapo College. My dream is to work in the field of entertainment news-- either through broadcasting or magazine journalism. Right now, I'm interning at Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and I am obsessed!!! I can only hope to continue on this road, and until then I'll be doing whatever I can to make that possible. Though I'm only a half-hour from school, I live on campus and wouldn't have it any other way. If I need some fam-time I'm close enough of a drive where it's not a hassle, and far enough where I have my space. I live with pledge sisters-- I'm a member of Sigma Delta Tau here at Ramapo. These girls are my LIFE!I hope you have as much fun reading our Her Campus chapter as we've had making it possible each week. HAPPY READING!! XOXOXFollow me for more:Twitter: @ElinaTarkInstagram: @Ella__XO (two underscores)