Will You Be My Valentine?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

It’s officially February, and you know what that mean: Valentine’s Day. Looking to do something cheap and creative this Valentine’s day with your special someone without even stepping off of campus? I bet you thought that was impossible. However, it isn’t!

How many times have you walked by Ledges? Probably more than you can even count. Did you take the time to ever pay attention to the wooden gazebo outside of Ledges? Take that special someone there and enjoy a simple picnic in the quaint gazebo. Stop by Au Bon Pain before heading out to get your favorite sandwiches and bring them to the gazebo. Here, you can eat your sandwiches, spend hours talking in a new setting, and enjoy each other’s company.

Quinnipiac University has recently added a RedBox in the student center – so take full advantage! Go with your Valentine to the RedBox and select movies that neither one of you have seen. Head back to the dorm and order in some Droogies, milkshakes included (I recommend my personal fave: a vanilla milkshake with Reeces Peanut Butter cups – Yum!). Then, pop in the movies and enjoy. Since neither of you have seen the movies yet, it’ll be great enjoying the new experience of the movies together.

Since Valentine’s Day is on a Thursday, depending on your schedule, hanging out during the day with that special someone may be hectic. At night, wait for the stars to come out. Then, bring a big blanket and lay out under the stars. It’ll be so romantic to just layout with that special someone, gaze up at the bright night sky, and relax together after the craziness of college.

For some though, it may be that the only time you can really see your special someone is in the morning. For you early birds out there, go for a hike up Sleeping Giant Mountain to watch the sunrise. Pack a breakfast picnic to enjoy inside the ‘castle’ on the top. It’ll be a moment you will never forget.

Happy Valentine’s Day, ladies! 

Sami Moore

Quinnipiac