Top 5 Spring Break 2014 Destinations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

With Spring Break just around the corner, college students around the world are planning and preparing for their full week off from school. If you haven’t already booked your trip, it’s not too late. Here are the Top 5 Spring Break destinations of 2014:

#1. Cancun, Mexico

Cancun is the definition of Spring Break. Cancun is notorious for their legendary nightlife and is considered to be the top party spot! In fact MTV is hosting the biggest party of the year in Cancun this year, starting March 19th-21st. Some of the hottest artists will be there in addition to some hit shows being recorded live from The Oasis Cancun Resort beach. All-day pool and beach parties are expected, and you and your friends will have the time of your life here!

#2. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Punta Cana is filled with all-inclusive resorts where traveler’s ages 18 or older can eat, sleep, drink and play for one price. The beaches here are absolutely breath taking and there isn’t a dull moment here. There are also a ton of special events on the island and the most elite clubs to choose from. Booze cruises are available pretty much every hour on the hour depending on the day, and snorkeling is a popular activity. Trust me, the DR is the place to go for Spring Break!

#3. Panama City Beach, Florida

Panama City Beach has definitely become one of the most popular Spring Break destinations over the past few years and definitely is worthwhile. There are crazy parties all-day every day and loud music will be playing just about anywhere you go. There are also a ton of excursions including: jet skiing, banana boat rides, and parasailing. Out of all five spring break spots, Florida is the only place that the drinking age is 21 but most of the clubs are 18 to party.

#4. Nassau, Bahamas

The Bahamas is the perfect destination for Spring Breakers however it tends to be more on the expensive side for college students. However there are plenty affordable hotels on Paradise Island, including my personal favorite the Atlantis resort. The nightlife in Nassau is also non-stop with bars, clubs, beach lounges and much more. Senor Frogs is also a must go to spot in Nassau if you enjoy partying and drinking. But at the same time, the Bahamas can be a relaxing and you can easily get away from the beach and pool scene and try scuba diving or kayaking!

#5. Cabo San Lucas

“Cabo” located in Mexico is a dream vacation for any college student who loves to party and lounge on the beach all day. Spring Breakers have raved about clubs such as the Cabo Wabo Cantina, Pink Kitty Nightclub, El Squid Roe, and many others. And just like Cancun, Cabo’s drinking age is 18, which is a plus for the younger college kids. There are strips of small boutiques and stores to buy oversized sombreros and souvenirs that you’ll keep for a lifetime. Honestly, I think everyone’s wish before they graduate is to say they spent their spring break with all their friends in Cabo!

If you aren’t going to any of these spring beak spots this year, that’s totally fine! There are hundreds of other party destinations, plus there’s always next year. Hope you have a fun and exciting Spring Break but remember to be safe!

Where are you going on Spring Break?  Tell us by tweeting @hercampusqu!