Top 5 Songs to Dance off Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Midterms are over! Hooray! If you’re still getting recovering from all the studying or stressing about how you actually scored, don’t worry. We have a treat for you. We’ve compiled a list of the best songs to de-stress and rock out to. So grab your hairbrush and prepare to put on one heck of a show for your mirror.

1. “I Knew You Were Trouble.” byTaylor Swift
Country meets dupstep and they make a banging song. Really. In a song that shouldn’t work but totally does Ms.Swift simultaneously disses and regrets an ex. The lyrics just beg to be sung and the contagious beat needs to be danced to.

2. “Anything Could Happen”by Ellie Goulding
You know her from the infectious hit “Lights” but you should know her for her recent single “Anything Could Happen”. With her shimmering voice and uplifting beats Ellie lets you know that even if times are tough and things don’t go as planned, there are still endless possibilities for happiness available.

3. “Shake It Out” by Florence + The Machine
Echoing the themes found in “Anything Could Happen” Florence’s powerful voice leads this song and its listener into a positive revival. Had a hard week? Follow her advice and “shake it off”. Or dance it off.

4. “Take a Walk” by Passion Pit
One listen to this song with its stomping beat will have you hooked. It reminds that you no matter how difficult your life or your tests can get you can always take a walk and escape for a bit. No matter how hard you try to resist, once the chorus hits you just have to belt it out.

5. “The Reckless and the Brave” by All Time Low
Turn your hairbrush into a guitar on this one and channel your inner rockstar. While school may be stressful this song reminds you to celebrate youth. Its drumming guitar + + catchy lyrics = pop punk perfection.

What are your favorite songs to relieve stress? Let us know!

Callie Barkley is the Campus Correspondent and a contributing writer for Quinnipiac University. At Quinnipiac, which is located in Callie's home state of Connecticut, she studies Public Relations with a minor in Computer Information Systems and will be graduating in 2014. Callie's writing interests are related to healthy eating, working out, and surviving the intern/job world. When Callie is not focused on her work she loves to spend time with her friends and family, travel, and will take up any offer to have a little fun!