Tips to Your Best Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Getting back into the school routine may make it difficult for students to stick to their New Year’s resolutions. As your schedules get busier with many classes and extracurricular clubs and activities, you may forget what goals you wanted to achieve for the next year. Whether your new years resolution is going to the gym to get in shape, doing nice things for other people, or just being more positive in general, there are many ways to stick to your goals without throwing your whole life off track while you’re back at school.

Time Management. This is a very important task to learn, and can help you with many areas in your life now, and in the future as you enter the adult world. If you want to fit the gym into your schedule and you don’t have class until 11, then set your alarm for seven and get energized for the day. On the other hand, if you have early classes, the gym on campus is open until 11 PM, so there is plenty of time to fit that into your schedule.

Do Little Things Each Day. Little acts or small reminders each day can help keep you on track with sticking to your New Years Resolutions. If you have an iPhone, there are tons of apps for positivity and motivation purposes. You can get alerts every day that say something positive to get you going for the day and remind you of how good you have it. Looking at these notes everyday can definitely get you going and will definitely kick start your day.

Eat Healthy. This is not only for the purpose of getting in shape. If you eat healthy meals it gives you fuel, and can keep you focused for the day. Make sure you get enough sleep too. If you do this, you will find you are less tired and can do more with your day instead of feeling too wiped to do anything after your long day of classes.

Don’t get too worked up.  If you start to get off track with your goals, don’t worry! Just because you’re falling behind one day, doesn’t mean it’s a failure and time to stop. If you have a negative day, or eat too much junk food and don’t make it to the gym, just start again the next day as if it never happened. Just because you mess up one day, doesn’t mean you have to forget your goals or start all over again.

In order to stick to your New Year’s Resolutions, make sure you stay motivated. You need to stay positive in order to stick to your goals. It may take a lot of work and a lot of time, but by the time you achieve them, you will be so glad you didn’t quit.

Lisa Goodman

Quinnipiac

Junior at Quinnipiac University Print Journalism major