Throwback: Justin Timberlake

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Justin Timberlake is back on the music scene. He recently released a new song, “Suit and Tie”, which unfortunately does not live up to his usual awesomeness.  To relive the catchy pop tunes of his musical past, read on! Here’s a lost of Justin Timberlake’s best songs.

Cry Me a River – A classic.  This is the ultimate kiss off song dedicated to an ex.  Justin wrote this song for Britney Spears when they broke up due to Britney’s alleged cheating.  You probably played it when your middle school boyfriend of two weeks broke up with you…and maybe when you broke up with your boyfriend last year.  Have no shame, reportedly Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber dedicated this song to each other during their break up.

Sexyback – This song sounded like nothing else on the radio at the time and was and still is incredibly catchy.  With this song Justin not only gave us a fun, catchy tune, but an endless joke in pop culture about bringing sexy back.  If you don’t occasionally incorporate this into your going out playlist, what are you waiting for?

Señorita – Off Justin’s first album, this song is the perfect for summer or to reminisce about summer during these chilly winter months.  Justin tells you he feels for you and you just can’t help believe him.  Listen to this fused with funk pop hit whenever you’re feeling down.

What Goes Around/Comes Back Around – Often referred to as Cry Me a River Part Two, this song is another to add to your breakup playlist.  Justin gives a lesson in karma with this bitter breakup anthem.  Check out the video to see Justin and Scarlett Johansson try to out hot each other.

Rock Your Body – In this song Justin claims he can have you naked but the end of this song.  While I’m not sure if that’s true, he’ll definitely have you dancing.  If you ever need a mini-dance party to relive some stress this is your go-to song.  It’s fun, sexy, upbeat and crazy catchy – pop perfection from Justin.