Thank You QU- Things we are Thankful for

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

As students of the Quinnipiac Community we often overlook the good parts of Quinnipiac and focus on the not so good. As it is Thanksgiving, let us reflect on a few things at QU that we can be thankful for.

Scenery.  The living arrangements at York Hill may not be ideal but the view is. Overlooking New Haven and the edge of Long Island, each night on the Hill is picturesque.  That’s not even including the sunrises and sunsets seen in a rainbow of colors.  The Mount Carmel campus has a straight view of the Sleeping Giant, which looks breathtaking whether it is lush with foliage or covered in snow.  These views are not something the average person sees daily and we should glad we have them.

Shuttles to New Haven.  Yes, they may not be the cleanest mode of transportation but they’re there.  The shuttles save you from takings cab out on a week night or weekend.  Not only that but they save students from spending money on a cab, which is probably not much cleaner than the shuttle anyways.  Be thankful that if you don’t have the funds for a cab, the shuttle is available as a safe option.

Diversity.  You read that correctly.  While Quinnipiac may not be listed as diverse in college guidebooks in the traditional way, it does have diversity.  Where?  It’s curriculum.  QU offers a variety majors from nursing to broadcast journalism to political science.  With all these different subjects available students have the ability to take classes that not only meet requirements but their varied interests.  Just because your career path is headed in one direction doesn’t mean you can’t explore a passion in another.  The many majors of Quinnipiac also creates a school of students who are passionate about many things.  The diverse classes gives the individual options for exploration and provides the community with assorted interests.  Not every school has the options that QU does and we should be grateful that they’re available to us.

Candy in the Cafs.  Because sometimes a girl just needs her candy.  No matter when you need a hit of sugar, both the Mount Carmel and York Hill Cafs offer an assortment of candy for your taking.  They have quite the variety for any candy craving and have bags that can be filled up as high as you like.  Sometimes you just need something sweet and to take a walk to the caf instead of a drive to the store is extra sweet.

Thanksgiving Break.  You’re probably reading this in your bed at home, but most college students are still in school right now.  If they’re not sitting through lectures, they’re traveling on the most busiest travel days of the year.  Having the whole week off at Thanksgiving actually gives students chance to rest and recoup for the final weeks of classes and final exams.  Also it makes it worth while for those far from home to take the time to travel back.  We should be thankful for the week break because its not something that many people have.