Sisterhood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Everyone joins a sorority for different reasons – some do it to gain the sisters they never had, some do it for the philanthropy, and some girls may even do it just to do it. Whatever reason you choose to do it, I can promise, it will be greatest decision of your life to go through recruitment.

Quinnipiac has six different sororities that one may be selected to become a member of – Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Delta Pi, Kappa Delta, Kappa Alpha Theta, Pi Beta Phi, and Phi Sigma Sigma. I just went through spring formal recruitment and have been placed in my sorority. I have never been happier than I am now being an Alpha Delta Pi. I wish this happiness upon all the girls here at Quinnipiac!

Going through recruitment was something that I had always wanted to do. For as long as I can remember, I have always dreamed of joining a sorority. It was even something I looked into when making my decision about which college I would choose to go to. So once recruitment time finally came (after being pushed back thank to Nemo), I was so excited and nervous.

After making it through the stressful three day recruitment process, I finally found out which sorority I was in. Before the process occurred, I was so unsure how I would make a decision into which sisterhood I would love to be a part of. It seemed like such a hard decision. My Orientation Leader was one of the Recruitment Counselors. She told that when I was going through recruitment, I would just know. I never really understood what she meant until I got into the ADPi room. At that moment, I just knew. For all my friends who ended up in different sororities, they all got this feeling during the process that made them know where exactly they fit. All of a sudden everything just clicks.

My awesome RA, Erica, told me that everything will fall into place and you end up where you are supposed to be. I have never heard a more accurate statement. And if you choose to go through recruitment next year, make sure to keep this in mind!

I would absolutely recommend all girls here at Quinnipiac to go through recruitment! Now that I am in a sorority, I have been happier than I ever have been. By talking to a bunch of other girls, this euphoric feeling is a general consensus of how all newly recruited girls feel. And by talking to the older girls in my sorority, it is how they all continue to feel by being a part of a sisterhood.

Clearly I am only in the very beginning of my long sisterhood, but it is absolutely so incredible. For lunch and dinner, I’m constantly eating with my new sisters and finding out more and more about them. It’s so crazy the similarities you find in these once strangers and the great conversations you instantly have. All barriers are quickly wiped down. Within my first few conversations with my sisters I have discussed and found people who share my love for One Direction, my fashion sense of animal print and sequins, and even a sister who works in my hometown back in New Jersey. Everyone wants to know you and you want to know everyone. Friendships are born so quickly and before you know it, you’re sending your silliest SnapChat face to each other and tagging each other in photos on Instagram. I always have a smile on my face knowing I am at home in Alpha Delta Pi. Every single second I am with my sisters, I look back and realize rushing was the best decision I have ever made.

I would absolutely wish these great new bonds and happiness on all the females here at QU! If you are thinking about recruiting, or even never have considered it, I would say do it. I promise you will absolutely not regret the decision to rush and become a sister of Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Delta Pi, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Delta, Pi Beta Phi, or Phi Sigma Sigma.

Sami Moore

Quinnipiac