Reasons You’ll Fall in Love With “This Is Us”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

This fall, NBC premiered their new show, “This Is Us,” which follows the lives of Jack and Rebecca and their three children, whom they call the “big three.” The show features many flashbacks between past and present, giving viewers insight into Jack and Rebecca’s relationship and the characters’ lives. Here are five reasons you’ll fall in with “This Is Us”:

1. Jack aka Milo Ventimiglia

Jack is the ultimate father and husband figure. He would do anything for his kids to make them feel loved and special, especially his daughter Kate. As you watch the show, you grow attached the unique bond Kate has with her father, especially when it comes to their football ritual. When it comes to Jack as a husband, he of course has his flaws, but he tries to work on them because he couldn’t imagine a life without Rebecca: the love of his life. Also, who doesn’t love Milo Ventimiglia?!

2. Each episode leaves you wanting more​

“This Is Us” is a show that keeps you involved and invested throughout the entire episode.  The great thing is that something interesting is always happening during an episode; the writers do a great job of always leaving us viewers with questions about what will happen next. Let’s put it this way… they know how to use cliffhanger!

3. Emotions, Emotions, Emotions

This show will have you feeling all the feels! Each episode is packed with a punch that will have you laughing, on the verge of tears or screaming at your television because nothing makes you more emotional than watching the struggles and bonds between families.

4.Tackles relatable problems within families and individual characters

This Is Us is a show that encompasses it all. The show depicts life, death, heart-to-hearts and self-doubt. Each of the characters are struggling with their own issues that we have all felt in one way or another. It allows us to be in the characters’ world for an hour and view an experience we may have had from a different perspective.

“This Is Us” is a show that will pull on all of your heartstrings and leave you wanting more. The show airs on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC! Be sure to check out the show and let us know what you think by tagging us on social media: @hercampusqu

Kacey LaBar

Quinnipiac

A Jersey Girl at heart with big city dreams! I'm a senior at Quinnipiac University. I love writing about celebrities, trends, music & movies!