The Perks of Being Single in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

If you have just gone or recently gone through a break up, it’s okay! I know it may feel like the end of the world now because you are not with that special someone anymore, but things will get better. You’re in college. These years are supposed to be the best of your life. There are some many positives to being single.

All of those times when you always had to worry about what your guy was doing or who he was with. Those days are over. You can be worry free in that category now. When you’re in school there are so many other more important things you should be worrying about before boys. A lot of the time, you’re too b
usy worrying about them to really focus on your school work. Being worry free without a guy always on your mind is a plus.

Do you remember all of those times when maybe your guy got mad or suspicious of who you were texting or Facebook chatting? Kiss those days goodbye. When you’re single, you can talk to whomever you want to. You don’t need to worry about the other person getting jealous or controlling because you will be free to do whatever.

Along with being able to not worry and talk to whomever you like, the stress for having arguments and fights with your guy are over. Usually when that sort of thing happens, the fight or disagreement is the only thing on your mind taking away from other important parts of your life that need to be prioritized.

A relationship, although it can be fun and make you feel great, can also bring a lot of stress and baggage. Without those intense or petty fights in your life, you can focus on the more important things in life.

With that stress gone, go out and have fun with your girlfriends! Your friends are always going to be there to make you feel better and put a smile on your face. Guys are not the most important thing in the world. Not to say that being in a relationship is always difficult, but being single can be fun. If you’re going through some heartache at the moment, cheer up because there are definitely more fish in the sea. So go out, be single and have fun! College only comes one for many so make the most of it!
  Johana Gutierrez is a Public Relations student at Quinnipiac University with a minor in International Business. She comes from a city life area in the Southern part of Connecticut.At Quinnipiac, she is the Alumni Relations Director for the International Business Society and member of PRSSA. This past summer, Johana interned at Live Nation Entertainment in NYC. In her free time, Johana enjoys going to concerts, listening to music and being in the company of her friends. She hopes to to continue her experience in the entertainment industry and ideally end up working at a record label.