Meghan Prevost ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

I had the opportunity to speak with this week’s Campus Celebrity, Meghan Prevost!  Meghan is a junior here at Quinnipiac and is very involved on campus.  As part of the Physician’s Assistant program, Meghan is also involved with SGA and SPB, and she is also an Orientation Leader.  Read on to find out more about Meghan.

HC: What clubs and organizations are you involved with on campus?  Why do you like to be so involved?

MP: I’ve been involved in an array of different clubs and organizations during my three years at Quinnipiac.  As of right now, I am actively involved in the Student Government Association, Student Programming Board, QU Spirit Group, National Residence Hall Honorary, and a member of the Orientation Leader Staff for 2014 and 2015.  In the past I was also involved in Community Action Project and the Undergraduate PA Club.  Being involved has been one of the greatest aspects of my experience at QU.  I have met so many amazing people and have had so many opportunities that I never would have had without my involvement.

HC: Explain to us what your roles are in these clubs and organizations.

MP: As a member of SGA, I am a Junior Class Representative and a part of the Student Advocacy Committee (SAC).  With these roles I work on various initiatives that we have identified from the student body’s concerns, as well as meet with various members of the university administration to develop a sense of transparency between the students and these individuals.

On the Student Programming Board my main involvement now is with the Fall concert and the Wake the Giant concert each semester.  I’ve served as Director of Publicity, Novelties, Volunteers, and Hospitality over the last five concerts.  I am also a general member of CAP, QU Spirit Group, PA Club, and NRHH, but I did serve as Secretary of NRHH in the past.

HC: How are you able to balance being so involved with your rigorous major requirements?  What advice do you have for those who are struggling to find the balance?

MP: Finding balance in my involvement on top of being an ELMPA is something I have struggled with and still struggle with now as a junior.  The best advice I have for those struggling to find balance is to make the things that make you the happiest your priorities.  It’s also important to be able to identify when you are in over your head and need to take a step back from some aspect of your involvement, even if you don’t want to.

HC: How has being so involved contributed to your time here at Quinnipiac?

MP: As I said before, I’ve met some of the most amazing people in my life through my involvement and have had so many opportunities through my involvement.  You cannot spend all of your time engulfed by your academics.  Oftentimes, I find the skills I learn and develop through my involvement benefit me more than those I learn in some of my courses, so that’s always something to keep in mind, as well.

HC: What are your plans for after graduation?  Do you think your involvement here will help you in the “real world”?

MP: After graduation I will be attending graduate school at Quinnipiac to get my Masters of Physician Assistant Studies.  Following that, I plan on either becoming a travel PA or moving out to the west coast to work as a Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery PA.  I think my involvement here at QU will help me immensely in my post-graduate work.  These organizations have allowed me to connect with so many people on campus that have broadened my outlook on life so greatly.  Additionally, through campaigning for SGA, interviewing for various positions, being an OL, and etc., I have developed my communication skills and professional skills necessary to being a PA.

HC: What advice do you have for underclassmen who want to get more involved?

MP: Don’t be afraid!  People are often too afraid to jump into a new organization, especially if it’s halfway through the semester, but this should never deter you from getting involved.  Check DoYouQU or the new iPhone app CORQ, both of which list every event and meeting that is happening on campus to see what might seem interesting to you.

Know of someone you think should be a campus celebrity, collegiettes?  Contact us on Facebook or Twitter!

Senior at Quinnipiac. I love traveling, shopping, Lake George, family, friends, my two dogs, glitter, and elephants :) Feel free to follow me on Pinterest, as well as Instagram and Twitter @annienoordsy
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!