Keeping Up With The Drama: Yeezus and Wiz Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

As you may or may not already know, Kanye West and Wiz Khalifa completely “broke the internet” with their Twitter beef this past Wednesday. According to Entertainment Weekly, the squabble generated over 400 million views, but in case you missed it, here’s a recap (with some commentary):

The match was sparked when Wiz first tweeted:

Khalifa later clarified that the “kk” is a reference to a specific strain of marijuana, one that he mentions in one of his songs entitled “KK.”   

Yeezy must not have heard the song, because he immediately embarked on a legendary Twitter rant, after assuming that Wiz was referencing his wife, Kim Kardashian West: 

I’d just like to take this time to pause and have a good eye roll at such a classic Kanye West response. 

You need to give the guy credit for creatively promoting the KIMOJI app

Wiz then attempts to clear his name and fires back at least one solid diss at Kanye, discrediting his upcoming album “Wavy,” formerly titled “Swish.”

However, Wiz’s response was completely buried under more than three-dozen additional tweets by West, poking fun at Khalifa’s music, style, and baby mama. Here are some of the most critical ones:

How could you be so Heartless….? 

To add some background, the “stripper/baby mama” in question here is ex-stripper, ex-wife of Wiz AND ex-girlfriend of Kanye, Amber Rose. So, imagine everyone’s reaction when she charged right into the line of fire with THIS (censored for obvious reasons):

Talk about a reBUTTal!! I imagine Kim was definitely reading this like: 

Unfortunately for all (except Wiz), Yeezus has since deleted almost all of his tweets regarding the matter, deciding to apologize and take a higher road. 

Really couldn’t have said it better myself. 

But Amber Rose had much more to say:

At this point, the entire Twitterverse was going absolutely berserk. 

But that wasn’t enough to shut Kanye up. In an amazing recovery from a well-fought Twitter feud, Yeezy puts the entire situation to rest by closing with this:

Thank you, Yeezus. 

The only thing that would have made this feud better is if Kim had jumped in to defend her man. But to each his own. 

Caisse Davis

Quinnipiac

Hi, Collegiettes! My name is Caisse. I'm a senior journalism major at Quinnipiac University, just looking to prove my writing other than in a sea of girls in Lily and boys in pastel colored button-ups. Feel free to check out my articles, as well as my personal blog! http://caissedavis.wordpress.com