Just the Little Things: Toad’s.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

To Toad’s Or Not To Toad’s—That Is The Question.

Every Saturday around 8p.m., a majority of Quinnipiac students gear up for a night at the infamous Toad’s Place in New Haven. But, is all the hype really worth it?

“I like going to Toad’s, but not every weekend,” said freshman Toni Santillo. “A lot of the time when you go, it’s not even fun.”

With that being said, the general consensus seems to be that almost everyone has a miserable time at Toad’s. So, why do the students keep going week after week?

Well…

·     It gives you something to do that isn’t on campus,

·     It gives you the excuse to get ready and dress nicer than you do all week for classes,

·     You get to dance with your friends,

·     You can meet new people from Quinnipiac,

·     Or you can meet new people from Yale (unless the hockey rivalry sneaks its way into your conversation)

Perhaps students would be more likely to enjoy a trip to Toad’s if it wasn’t so far away and if the entry charge wasn’t eight dollars—plus another two dollars if you have to use the coat check.

Of course, you have to remember that the event of the year happens at Toad’s Place and is talked about for months leading up to it and months after: Barstool Blackout.

QU students love a good Barstool Blackout and Toad’s hosts a pretty impressive one.

Though Toad’s is well loved for being one of the stops of Barstool, we have to remember that there is always bad to balance out the good…

Freshman Joey Hanna said, “The only reason I would go to Toad’s was if there was absolutely nothing else to do. I think it’s completely overrated because whenever I talk to people who go, they always say how terrible it is.” 

The only way to see if Toad’s really can live up to its chaotic reputation is, obviously, to see for yourself. However, as it would be expected, there are good nights at Toad’s when you’ll stay until it closes; but there are also bad nights at Toad’s when you want to leave almost immediately.

But, let’s be honest: what would we do without Toad’s?

It may be a half-hour shuttle ride for QU students, but the memories made—or, at least, the ones that are remembered—definitely make for good stories for the rest of the week until next Saturday rolls around.

Tara O'Neill

Quinnipiac

Sophomore. Print Journalism major. The whole point of this blog is satire and sarcasm. You really can't take me too seriously on here... I'm just trying to introduce everyone to a new perspective on things.