Jordan Jessica: Temple St. Clair Intern

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

What’s your major?
I am currently a Public Relations major and an IDD minor.

How’d you hear about your internship at Temple St. Clair?
Funny story. I actually heard about it through knowing someone at Rolling Stone. At the time, Rolling Stone was only hiring grad students as interns, so my resume was forwarded to Temple St. Clair whose jewelry had sometimes been featured in the magazine.

What’s your favorite part of the job?
My favorite part is definitely the people. It’s hard to find a job you generally like, with a boss you like and co-workers you like. I have been in interaction with these people for almost two years and they’ve helped me in all aspects of life. Every time I go into the office, I can honestly say I’m happy to be there.

Have you interned anywhere else?
I have worked with an advertising agency called Chletcos/Gallagher Inc. in Soho in New York City.

What are some of your duties at your internship?
Having interned at Temple St. Clair for two summers and now a current semester, I have had several duties. When I first began, my main task was to do competitive research regarding other brands ‘charms.’ At the time, charms were playing a large part in luxury jewelry. I was responsible in helping to figure out pricing, what the charms entailed and how they were packaged and sold. More recently, I have been responsible for their aspects of social media, which have included Facebook, Twitter, Polyvore, Tumblr, Blogger and now Pinterest.

Any advice on how to land a job?
I’d say my best advice is be yourself in landing a job. Know what qualities you possess and be able to back them up on a resume. You can’t land a job stating on your resume you are able to do something, but then can’t. Also, always keep a positive attitude and make a good impression. You never know whom you’re going to meet and what type of job they may potentially offer you.

I heard you’re working at Temple St. Clair after college…any advice for our collegiettes on how to prepare on their futures?
Be open to all opportunities. I have worked at a café in NYC for the past three summers. Each summer, I met people who helped impact my career choice or whom put me into contact with people who could. You may not be as willing to take a small job, but these small or not as popular jobs, can land you something truly great. Also, spend time now figuring out what you really want to do, rather than what will make you money. The money will come if your heart and soul are truly in your career because opportunities will follow.

Tia Meyers

Quinnipiac

Tia is a senior public relations and marketing major at Quinnipiac University. She enjoys singing, kayaking, cooking, travelling, and dance. She is an only child and it has made her a very outgoing young woman. Tia’s motto is “you can’t be old and wise if you’re never young and crazy” and believes that you should be a person to look up to, always be true to yourself and to try anything and everything you can. Tia loves to watch tv and read, her favorite show is New Girl and her favorite book is “Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”. Tia is addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee, rings, peanut butter and the beach.