Fun Winter Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Fall season is coming to an end; all the fun of Fall such as apple picking, hayrides and carving pumpkins unfortunately will be soon forgotten. What do to now with your special someone with the change of seasons?! I bet you didn’t realize all the fun dates so perfect for the winter months! These ideas will get you looking forward to winter!

Make your own winter picnic: pack winter essentials, a quick little meal that won’t get too cold, replace the picnic blanket with a sleeping bag, bundle up and head outside. Don’t forget the hot chocolate!

Get cozy inside: cook in together, wear those comfy cute sweats, snuggle up and have a movie marathon kind of night, or even a game night (if possible, cozying up by the fire will make your night even more exciting!)

Have sports dates: Take your guy out on a date that never fails whether it be a football or hockey game he will love it. With all the winter sports around you, you’ll be sure to find a good one!

Go on a nature walk: Bundle each other up and head outside, go on the closest nature trail or attempt to go hiking. The scenery is always different in the winter and this way you both get some exercise while enjoying the outdoors and one another!

Have a day in the city: Go to Boston or New York City and walk around during the day, go into shops, and then at night you get to see the city all lit up. See how the cities change from day to night and treat each other out to a nice dinner.

Volunteer together: The winter months can be very tough for many people so lend a hand together and find the best cause you two can be a part of. Become involved together and help make a difference!

A night on the town: Whether you to go see a local band, a comedy show or catch the newest flick enjoy something you two don’t usually do! As for the movie idea, walk into a movie theatre and be spontaneous, randomly pick a movie or head into the next one playing despite the reviews!

Check out the local scenery: Head to the nearest beach (yes, in the winter!) and see how different it looks, it’ll give you a whole new perspective together. Drive around town and see all the holiday lights. Go into a near by fancy restaurant and only order dessert (just think, you’re usually too full for dessert so switch it up and have your own taste tests of a few desserts!)