Fall Outerwear Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

With fall here– and chilly weather, too– it’s time to break out the coats!  Here’s a list of must-have outwear pieces to help you stay warm and chic during the summer-to-fall transition:

Utility Jacket

This 90’s throwback offers a cool and casual look fit for any outfit.  Dress it up with a striped dress and boots or make it casual with your favorite leggings and Converse.

Leather Jacket

This rocker chic piece allows for versatility during any occasion.  Not only can a leather jacket be worn on a date night, but it can even transform your 8 a.m. outfit from drab to fab!

Vest

Vests are the perfect addition to any outfit.  Pair one with a plaid shirt for a preppy take or match a faux fur vest with your favorite handbag to create a glamorous outfit for a night out.

Oversized Coat

This piece will make you look like a million bucks.  Pair it with some sneakers or heels for the perfect day-to-night look.

Trench Coat

Whether you’re headed off to an interview or a lunch date with friends, a trench coat is great for the fall season.  Pair it with rain boots for a cute and casual look or with pumps for a sophisticated interview outfit.

Get ready to mix it up this season, Bobcats!  These fall pieces will keep you warm and stylish all the way through to December.  Send us pics of your favorite fall outerwear looks @hercampusqu!

Hello, My name is Brittany Hayles and I am a sophomore student at Quinnipiac University! I am currently studying Business Management with a minor in Computer Information Systems, in hopes of someday working as a manager in the corporate side of the fashion industry!
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!