Fall Into October Activities!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

October weather has finally reached the East Coast!  The sun still shines as the leaves begin to fall, and there are so many activities you can do before the snow arrives!

Here’s a list of just a few things you can enjoy around the Hamden area with your friends and roommates.

Apple and Pumpkin Picking
This time of year is great for apple and pumpkin picking! Take a day off from studying on the weekend and find whatever apples are in season at a local place.  Pick some pumpkins and decorate them for your dorm room, too! Drazen’s Orchard is only about twenty minutes from campus and the apples and pumpkins are fairly inexpensive!  They also have apple cider, caramel apples, and many other Fall foods!

Hiking
We all know that the best view of our campus is from the Sleeping Giant Mountain!  After your classes are finished for the day, hike up there and really experience the leaves changing!  The view is incredible, so don’t miss out on the chance to hike before the weather gets too icy and cold.

Community Service
Of course community service can take place in any season, but Fall brings such good opportunities for outdoor service!  Get together with a few friends and rake leaves around campus, or travel off campus to a site that could really use your help!

Shop for a Halloween Costume
Costume ideas cross everyone’s mind as soon as October 1st arrives!  Start jotting down ideas of what you want to dress up as.  Talk with friends and roommates about what their ideas are and maybe you can dress up together! 

Parents’ Weekend is also coming up.  Spend time with your family by doing all different kinds of Fall activities near your beautiful campus!

Happy October!

Johana Gutierrez is a Public Relations student at Quinnipiac University with a minor in International Business. She comes from a city life area in the Southern part of Connecticut.At Quinnipiac, she is the Alumni Relations Director for the International Business Society and member of PRSSA. This past summer, Johana interned at Live Nation Entertainment in NYC. In her free time, Johana enjoys going to concerts, listening to music and being in the company of her friends. She hopes to to continue her experience in the entertainment industry and ideally end up working at a record label.