A Cup of Tia: Hair on Broadway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Where to go for the perfect haircut, color and price:

I’d been putting it off for long enough. It was time for a haircut and I needed a change. I always get bored with my hair and regularly find myself in search of a new style. Now, a lot of us have the perfect place to go at home but what about at school? I decided to take a ride around Hamden in search of the perfect salon. I didn’t want a surprise from some person who mastered their cutting skills in kindergarten. I already had one of those in middle school when the boy sitting behind me tried to scare me by pretending to cut my hair and then actually did. Let’s just say, I wasn’t very happy.

I was surprised by the pricing of the local salons and how rude their employees can be when a college student walks in. I’m not wearing anything trashy or inappropriate, and I go to Quinnipiac. In my opinion, we go to a pretty well looked upon school and our students maintain a positive image. I didn’t hesitate turning on my heels as they asked if I wanted my hair done from them. I do not handle rude people well.

Then there was Eddie. A guy who claims he makes “the best coffee” and you know what? It’s true. Eddie owns the salon, Hair on Broadway at 3450 Whitney Ave. If you’ve found yourself waiting at the traffic light coming from North Lot, you’ve probably noticed his salon at the top of the hill. Eddie has some of the best prices in town and a great personality to match. I look forward my hair done and having a great chat with Eddie while I’m there. He really takes care of his customers and somehow seems to remember what’s going on in my life even with all of his other customers. Eddie also has a lot of experience. He is a Rusk Design Force member who teaches new hairdressers how to cut, color and style and has been involved in many international hair shows. Plus, he has the best massage chair to relax in while you’re under the dryer…who wouldn’t love that? Here’s the best part: if you’re a first time customer you get 50% off a cut or color. Maybe it’s time for a little change. I know I always love to.
Check out Eddie and his salon for yourself!

Happy cuts! <3T

Tia Meyers

Quinnipiac

Tia is a senior public relations and marketing major at Quinnipiac University. She enjoys singing, kayaking, cooking, travelling, and dance. She is an only child and it has made her a very outgoing young woman. Tia’s motto is “you can’t be old and wise if you’re never young and crazy” and believes that you should be a person to look up to, always be true to yourself and to try anything and everything you can. Tia loves to watch tv and read, her favorite show is New Girl and her favorite book is “Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”. Tia is addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee, rings, peanut butter and the beach.
Molly is a senior print journalism major and psychology minor at Quinnipiac University. She enjoys cooking, baking, reading, and spending as much time on the beach as possible. Molly loves to travel, and recently brought home a dog, Kodiak, from Rincon, Puerto Rico in January 2011. She is an aspiring food writer for publications such as Gourmet, and Fine Cooking. In preparation for this career, Molly spent the summer of 2011 working on an organic farm, and hopes to attend the Culinary Institute of America after graduating from QU in the spring. Having been a transfer to Quinnipiac in the fall of her sophomore year, Molly knows the importance of being outgoing and friendly, and hopes to make many wonderful memories during her last year in Hamden.