British Invasion: One Direction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

You’ve seen the mass hysteria, the crying girls and the extremely long lines outside of concert venues, but have you every wondered where the root of the obsession comes from?

There is a British music invasion in the United States and One Direction is leading the troops. Their newest album, Take me Home, was just released worldwide and already has a single at the top of the charts. Their feel good lyrics and up beat songs are infectious and leave you wanting more.

This adorable boy band is taking over the music scene and although it seems like another pop act that only little girls love, fans of all ages are flocking to their shows and buying merchandise. Concerts are sold out throughout 2013 and 1D World just opened up in New York City. This new store gives fans 10,000 square feet of shopping space with products dedicated to their favorite five boys.

If you have never listened to them before, their newest album is a good start. Songs like ‘Live While We’re Young’ and ‘Rock Me’ are lighthearted and good for singing in the car. ‘Little Things’ is a slower song, that many girls can relate to. It tugs on the heartstrings in girls of all ages.

So whether you are looking for upbeat, lighthearted fun or meaningful songs this album is for you. There is a song for everyone and is great for everyone. Don’t be turned away by the 12 year old fan girls, this band is here to stay.