Best Movies For a Night in

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

It’s finally the weekend. It seems like everyone is going out except you. So, what do you do? No, you don’t stare at a wall and regret your decision of staying in—you take advantage of the alone time you have. Your night may have started out dead boring, but then you remember the new Red Box in the student center. Suddenly, heavenly music begins to play as you find yourself standing in front of the Red Box with many DVD’s staring back at you. What exactly do you pick?! There are so many choices!

Ted: A comedy starring Mark Wahlberg and his vulgar giant teddy bear pal, Ted. Unlike some kids who outgrow their stuffed animals, this stuff animal appeared to have grown up with Wahlberg. Check this out if you need a great laugh.

The Campaign: This comedy stars Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis as two U.S Congress Candidates going head to head, in some pretty messed up ways. If you love movies mocking politics, then you’ll love this.   

Bridesmaids: This has got to be one of the best comedies of 2012. It’s a great movie for a girl’s night in and will keep you laughing. What more could you possibly want than Kristen Wiig? Definitely check this movie out!

21 Jump Street: Yes, Channing Tatum is in this one. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum star as two rookie cops trying to infiltrate a high school and identify the seller of a new drug—H.F.S. (you’ll figure out what this means).  

She’s the Man: Channing Tatum. That is all. If you haven’t already seen this movie, you might want to pick it up. It’s funny, cute and did I mention Channing Tatum is in it?

Brave: This is one Disney princess who doesn’t have or need a prince. Merida, the Princess, is tough in many ways: she’s a skilled archer, headstrong and wishes to follow her own path in life. If you want to relive your Disney childhood a bit, watch this! It’s a great twist to the typical Disney story.

Print Journalism major with a passion for fitness, health, life, and the simple things. If you want to read more of work, check out my blog: http://naturallymel.wordpress.com/