Angelique Fiske -QBSN Sports Writer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

What are you involved with on campus?
I am in QBSN, Kappa Delta, and I’m also an Orientation Leader.

What do you want to do after college?
Ideally, I’ll be doing something that won’t require me to eat Ramen Noodles until the end of time. I’d love to write for some sort of publication, anything that will hire me really. Writing for Weekend Update has always been a dream job, but as of right now, I really have no definite plans.

What is your favorite thing to write about?
As far as writing for fun goes, anything. I like writing to vent, so that’s a lot of what I do, but it’s amazing how easy it is to find things to write about outside of your own life. You just have to observe. It’s a great excuse to people watch, and you learn a lot about others in the process.

What are your favorite sports teams?
My favorite sports teams are the Red Sox and the Patriots. I’ll admit being a Sox fan despite this season’s torture.

How does it feel to be an editor?
It’s an awesome feeling. The guys and girls in QBSN make my job easy, especially the co-directors. It’s a lot of fun working with all of them, and getting to put out a print publication every month is something that I’ve loved since I was a sophomore in high school. Being able to contribute in getting the Bobcat Bulletin out every month is one of my favorite parts about my time at Quinnipiac.

Favorite Quinnipiac Sport team to report on? Why?
Ah, man. There are so many coaches and players that are phenomenal interviews, so it makes it really hard to decide. I grew up in a town that lives and breathes soccer, so I have a little bit of a bias for that, but every team has a different quirk that makes writing about it easy. I’m extremely lucky that this is going to be my job…watching and writing about sports.

Have any advice for people who want to write at Quinnipiac?
Just get out there and do it. It’s easy to get intimidated when you’re reporting, but if you can see past that, it’s an incredible field. You get to meet so many people and hear so many stories that it’s hard to believe it can be a career.

Callie Barkley is the Campus Correspondent and a contributing writer for Quinnipiac University. At Quinnipiac, which is located in Callie's home state of Connecticut, she studies Public Relations with a minor in Computer Information Systems and will be graduating in 2014. Callie's writing interests are related to healthy eating, working out, and surviving the intern/job world. When Callie is not focused on her work she loves to spend time with her friends and family, travel, and will take up any offer to have a little fun!