Top 10 Movies to Watch During Your Study Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

The arrival of November marks the point in the semester where students are swamped with final assignments and are beginning to stress over the impending exam season. It is healthy and necessary to take study breaks to ease your stress. Here are 10 movies to watch during a study break that will make you feel comfortable and right at home.

1.  Legally Blonde

Elle Woods proves you can do anything you set your mind to and make it look easy. This movie is a classic that will entertain and motivate you at the same time.

2. Clueless

This timeless rom-com will make you feel nostalgic over the 90’s and, of course, young Paul Rudd.

3. Thor: Ragnarok

The third installment of the Thor trilogy is by far the funniest. It is definitely one of Marvel’s more light-hearted movies, and it will distract you from the stress of both school and the events in Avengers: Infinity War.

4. Easy A

This movie is inspired by The Scarlet Letter, a novel by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Emma Stone’s lovable character, Olive Penderghast, is hilarious and will leave you wanting more.

5. Tangled

This Disney movie features Rapunzel and her desire to see the world outside of her tower. Her heartwarming adventure will make you wish you were at a floating lantern festival too.

6. Harry Potter

Nothing feels more comfortable than grabbing a blanket and something to snack on while watching Harry Potter.

7. The Devil Wears Prada

Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep star in this movie about what it takes to work in the fashion industry. Watching Andy slowly become a bold and successful woman will inspire you to do the same.

8. Twilight

Like many young teens, you probably loved this series, so re-watching it will bring the memories flooding back.

9. Love, Rosie

This movie has all the right elements of a good rom-com and delivers a happy ending that will make you forget all about your responsibilities for a while.

10. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky’s amazing chemistry makes this movie worth watching. The light-hearted humor will instantly make you feel comforted and stress-free.

hamdah shabbir

Queen's U '20

Hamdah is a fourth year English student at Queen's University. She loves painting, music, photography, and of course, writing. She hopes to publish her own novels someday in the future.