This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

These past weeks (Two? Three? I have lost count) of social distancing and isolation have been undeniably the weirdest time in my life, as I’m sure many of you can relate. Part of me feels like it is summer vacation and I’m 13 so I don’t have a summer job yet, but also it’s cold and rainy so I can’t even bask in the sun in my backyard. The other part is trying to adapt to this lifestyle of having days on end where there is absolutely no expectation for me to get out of bed or even put on a bra.

I’m a person who really knows how to chill. Like seriously, not only am I okay with spending time alone, I very much value the time during the day where I am free to sit in my room alone just to watch a few YouTube videos with no interruptions. 

As soon as classes were cancelled, I wasn’t ready to retreat back to my parents house just yet because I knew they would look at me everyday and say, “Well what are you doing now???”, so my very best friend, Molly, and I decided we would stay and stick it out in Kingston until we just couldn’t bare it anymore. 

I live in a house with 5 other girls, and each of them left Kingston almost immediately after classes stopped. If you live with roommates, you know what it’s like to share your space with a group of people. In my house, we all really balance each other out as some of us enjoy our alone time, while others team up for mutual entertainment when they can’t stand being alone for more than 20 minutes. 

Molly and I have never lived together solo-dolo like this before. Something I didn’t realize about her is that she really loves togetherness. I mean we always spend most of our time together, but now we are seriously each other’s only source of entertainment. Every. Minute. Of. Every. Day. 

After ONE day of having just the two of us in the house, we had literally done every activity we could think of. 

We cleaned out our entire fridges, made three different kinds of milk (almond, cashew and milk) *strained oat liquid through cheesecloth*, we both rearranged our entire bedrooms and when I told her I was going to go take a nap at 3pm she said, “For how long?? We have to make dinner soon!!”

Since that first day we have written a Covid-19 rap, dyed Molly’s hair, each gotten hair cuts, made chickpea cookie dough (do NOT recommend) and seriously the list goes on. We actually have plans to make a music video AND finally launch the business idea we have been talking about for years.

Have you ever lived with a busybody?! I had no idea there was so much to do when there is LiTteRaLlY nothing to do. I drink four coffees a day just to keep up with her energy. Covid-19, please go away so I can have some peace. 

Molly if you’re reading this, I <3 you xxx

I'm a third year student studying Economics and my inspiration for writing is fueled by premenstrual symptoms! Cheers!
HC Queen's U contributor