Movies I’ve Recently Rewatched That You Should Too…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

With midterm season and winter approaching, I’ve been in a stay at home and watch a movie mood. With this, The dreaded feeling of scrolling through Netflix or Amazon Prime for a movie that looks interesting is something I hate, so rewatching some of my favourite movies is always a great option! If you’re looking to rediscover some great, classic movies, here are my personal recommendations.

10 Things I Hate About You 

This classic 90s rom-com is a timeless watch. Kat Stratford is such an iconic female lead. She definitely resonated with me in my teenage years as an independent and strong female lead. This is a perfect movie to rewatch because of the feel-good nature. The moments of laughter and romance always keep you entertained and by the end of the movie, you’re left with a feeling of satisfaction. When I’m in the mood for a 90s teen romance, this one always scratches that itch!

Ocean’s Eleven

I’ve always loved movies that plot a master plan. Ocean’s Eleven is very intricate and detailed, which makes the movie all the more satisfying when you get to see everything unfold. Not only does this movie have a riveting plot, but the star-studded cast of George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Bernie Mac and Julia Roberts makes it a classic watch. The music and score is great, and perfectly matches the vibe of a heist. Whenever I watch this movie, I always feel the need to watch the others as well. That what makes rewatching Ocean’s Eleven so great because then you can watch Ocean’s Twelve, Thirteen and 8 too!

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo is my comfort movie. As a kid, Selena Gomez was everything. From Wizards of Waverly Place to her iconic music career, anything she made was something I consumed. This movie follows the chaos of a trip to Paris when Selena Gomez’s character, Grace, realizes she looks a lot like a British heiress. Taking her place in Monte Carlo, Grace and her friends get to live the life of princesses and fall in love. This is such a fun movie that brings back childhood memories and always keeps me entertained with the chaotic plot.

Good Will Hunting

Have you ever watched a movie and thought about it for days? Well, the first time I watched Good Will Hunting it stayed with me, to say the least. A janitor-genius named Will Hunting gets the attention of a professor who sees potential in him. I find this is one of the best movies of all time as it addresses mental health, friendship and taking risks. This heartfelt story is truly one that will resonate with you and leave with the feeling of “wow that was good”.

Love, Actually

This is a classic Christmas watch in my household but also a great pick-me-up movie. The multiple intertwining storylines show the beauty of friendship, family and, of course, love. The opening and ending scenes of the movie feature real-life footage from an airport, with people greeting their loved ones at the arrival gate, which is bound to make you emotional. The universal concept of giving love and receiving it in return allows us to better understand one another, which is such a beautiful thing that this movie conveys.

The Intouchables

The first time I watched this movie was in my high school French class, and since then, it has been one of my favourite movies of all time. This story follows two men from different backgrounds and the friendship they form. Philippe is an aristocrat who hires an ex-con named Driss to be his caretaker. Their contrasting backgrounds make for a great story and shows how beautifully they complement each other’s personalities. The Intouchables is a great display of platonic love and the importance of friendship.

If you need a break from studying or just want to have a night in to relax, you should consider rewatching these movies—or if you haven’t seen them, watching them for the first time! Personally, I feel like I could watch these movies an absurd amount of times and never get sick of them. So give them a try, take some time to wind down, and go watch a movie!

Emma Luong

Queen's U '25

A third-year Health Sci student at Queen's University who enjoys reading, making Spotify playlists, watching classic movies and cooking!