This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Stumped on what to wear this Halloween? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered from costumes that are fun and flirty to the ones that are so spooky they will make your skin crawl!

Let’s start off by looking at a few cute party ideas. A fun idea is to take a classic costume, like Minnie Mouse, and make it your own by interpreting it with whatever you gather up. In the picture below, the girl doesn’t wear anything with polka dots like most Minnie Mice, but she still makes it look adorable through her unique interpretation.

Costumes don’t always have to be $80 and over-the-top either. Minnie Mouse is an easy costume to pull out of your own wardrobe with just a few add-ons.

The deer costume is another adorable, yet simple to create costume and you can find a tutorial on how to make all the pieces yourself here: http://www.flattery.ca/2013/10/deer-halloween-costume-tutorial.html

American Apparel is great place to pick up some hard to come by costume pieces, like leotards and unitards that can also be used again for other costumes or for a night out after!

Also, it is amazing how far face make up can take your costume. For example, with this cheetah costume, the face make up made all the difference! All you need is pencil eyeliner and some liquid liner. Use black pencil liner to draw on the squiggly spots and the nose. Then, use liquid liner to draw cat eyes and have fun with it! You can make them as exaggerated as you want – it’s Halloween, so go all out!!

Finally, use some bronzer to create a golden cheetah glow and you can even purchase some coloured contacts from shoppers if you want to add a little extra!

If you don’t feel like finding the 100 pieces that every costume seems to require, then find a simple black dress to compliment a scary and extravagant facial design that people won’t be able to take their eyes off. This one requires more patience than the cheetah idea, but the result is stunning and you will receive compliments and long stares all night long!

Yikes!                         

As if we don’t have enough squirrels in Kingston!! This one is great though because it’s funny and relevant to Queen’s! You can do this costume two ways. If you want a flirty party outfit, buy a grey dress with a hood, or sew one on yourself after cutting it off an old sweater! Brown boots are easy to find if you don’t already have them. Follow this link to learn how to make your own fluffy squirrel tail that you can pin onto the hood of your dress (to keep it suspended) : http://threadsandsnippets.blogspot.ca/2010/10/how-to-make-squirrel-costume.html

If you don’t want to wear a dress, you can buy a full body squirrel costume (and many more funny ones, like cows) at Spirit! Also, you can have a friend or your partner dress up as the acorn! This can be done by dressing in all brown and wearing a brown tuque with a pom pom on top!

Queen's U Second year Health and Environmental Studies
Queen's University, class of 2017 Psychology major and Health Studies minor