This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

As a native Torontonian accustomed to the endless food spots the city has to offer, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Kingston has a diverse food scene, too. Queen’s students are blessed — not many University towns offer the range of restaurants Kingston does. Kingston has one of the highest quantities of restaurants per capita in Canada.

Sophie’s Noodle House

This spot is renowned for its hand-pulled noodles for a reason. Try Sophie’s Noodle House if you’re interested in experiencing some region-specific Chinese food! Sophie’s Noodle House serves authentic hand-pulled noodles made in-house. The Lanzhou-style noodles originate from the city in China with the same name. Their menu allows diners to select their preferred noodle shape and size. The noodles are consistently perfectly chewy and flavourful. You will not be disappointed by their cold or hot dishes.

Northside espresso + kitchen

Kingston is not short of brunch options. But Northside stands out for its gorgeous décor and refined take on Australian brekkie food. Customers get the chance to enjoy Northside’s garden oasis-like dining space. Most of the food options are familiar enough that you can trust they won’t aggravate your hangover, but the menu still feels like a unique departure from typical brunch fare. You’ll want to come again to enjoy Northside’s chic but homey décor, even if it’s just to enjoy a quick coffee.

Seoul 2 Soul

Korean food is way underrated and so is Seoul 2 Soul. My favourite part of the Korean dining experience is trying all the side dishes accompanying the main items — Seoul 2 Soul’s side dishes do not disappoint! The portions are more than generous, and the prices are incredibly fair considering the quality of their delicious dishes. The menu incorporates traditional, homestyle and contemporary Korean foods. Menu options include popular Korean dishes like tteokbokki, Korean fried chicken, and bibimbap. Check out Seoul 2 Soul for casual and sensational mom-and-pop dining.

The Everly Restaurant & Lounge

This pick on the list offers an incredible dining experience. The Everly’s service is incredibly professional, and the ambiance is welcoming yet refined. This charming establishment serves guests locally sourced dinner fare with their seasonally rotating menu offering unique renditions of Canadian, Italian, and French foods. You can also try one of their delicious and aesthetic cocktails if you’re looking for a little boozy fun. This spot definitely can weigh on a student’s budget, but it might be the perfect choice for when your parents are in town, or you’re having a special date night.

Kame Sushi & Bento

I have declared Kame the best sushi spot in all of Kingston since my first year, which was many moons ago. The fish, vegetables, and rice are consistently fresh-tasting, the poke bowls are absolutely to die for, and the menu offers an endless amount of options to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Kame does not currently have a seating area. Still, it’s conveniently located at Princess and Division, making it an easily accessible takeout option for most students living in the University District.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0CkeVpA1T5/?igsh=cnY4andzMmViY2lr https://www.instagram.com/p/C0CkeVpA1T5/?igsh=cnY4andzMmViY2lr

Kingston may be a quaint small town, but it never fails to excite! Whether you want a casual meal, a stylish brunch, or an upscale date spot, Kingston has something to offer that will exceed expectations.

Leyou Andualem

Queen's U '24

Leyou is a fourth-year Political Studies student at Queen's. In her spare time, she enjoys reading and dilly-dallying.