Name: Ella Mackay Singh
Hometown: Richmond Hill
Program: English Major and Art History Minor
1. If you could name a Crayola crayon, what colour would it be and what would you name it?
“The thing that comes to mind is ‘Mandarin Meadows,’ but I don’t know what that would look like, maybe an orange-y colour. A light orange, I think.”
2. What is your favourite beverage?
“Real Brew Ginger Ale, or a gin and tonic ☺.”
3. What’s Kingston’s best kept secret to visit?
“The rocks at Battery Park. I don’t think you’re supposed to walk on them, but you can!”
4. What the most underrated film that every university student should watch?
5. What do you like most about being an English major?
“I really liked memorizing and reciting 12 lines of ‘The Wife of Bath,’ from Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales.” Ella then went on to recite the lines in practically perfect Old English with bawdiness and charm, as though she were the Wife of Bath, herself.
6. What are your plans for the summer?
“Owen [her boyfriend] and I want to do a road trip from Calgary to the Okanogan Valley, and then to Seattle. We’ll stop in Salmon Arm for the pies. I don’t know why they called it that. Salmons don’t even have arms.” A quick Google search later: “I think the plural is salmons, especially, collectively.”