10 Best Places to Eat in Kingston if You’re Vegetarian/Vegan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Being vegetarian and vegan can be difficult sometimes. People love to ask, “where do you get your protein” or think that you do this all day: 

However, the one thing that can be easy is finding amazing places to get vegetarian and vegan options in Kingston! I have compiled a list of some of my favourite places to get delicious veg/vegan fare so you never have to worry again! 

1. Tango Nuevo 

Tango Nuevo is a trendy tapas place, which has vegetarian options galore (many of which you can easily veganize)! The plates are smaller in size which makes them amazing for sharing and trying a bunch of new things. This restaurant is one of the pricier on this list, but their amazing food and cocktails definitely make it worth it! 

2. Wooden Heads Gourmet Pizza 

One of the top rated restaurants in Kingston, Wooden Heads showcases a variety of different wood-fired pizzas that cater to both vegetarians and vegans. They also feature other options such as pasta, salads and even create-your-own pizzas! The atmosphere makes it an ideal place to go with friends, or even to take a date. 

3. Copper Branch

New to Kingston, this chain of restaurants is serving up completely plant based fare. Their mission is to empower and energize, along with having a big focus on the positive environmental impact that veganism can provide! Copper Branch has an extensive menu. From the numerous bowls to burgers, you can always find something delicious. The food also comes super fast so this is an awesome place to go if you’re in a pinch. 

4. Crave Café 

This is not necessarily a restaurant, but Crave serves up some AMAZING vegan baked goods if you’re looking for a sweet treat. My personal favourite is the gluten free and vegan carrot cake, but they also have brownies, cookies and more! If you’re looking for something to drink, they also carry dairy free milks to put in your latte or iced coffee. Crave is the perfect spot to go for a weekend study sesh. 

5. Score Pizza

If you’re looking for a place to get some tasty pizza in a hurry, Score is definitely the way to go! They give you the option to put vegan cheese on your pizza, as well as an extensive variety of vegetables that you can choose to add if you want. The best part is, the pizza only takes a few minutes to make, so you can grab some to go and take it with you wherever. 

6. Sima Sushi

If you’re a sushi lover like me, you probably already know about Sima Sushi. Sima has tons of options for veggie rolls such as the yam tempura, avocado cucumber and asparagus roll. They also have tons of other options to fill you up like salad and edamame! If you have non-vegan friends, this is the perfect place as everyone will feel satisfied with the options that Sima provides. 

7. Casa Domenico

If you’re craving pasta, then look no further than Casa Domenico. They have plenty of options for vegetarian pastas, many of which can easily be veganized if you ask for no cheese! On top of that they have options like bruschetta and tons of salads so you’ll be sure to find something you’ll love here. 

8. Harper’s Burger Bar

This is the Mecca in Kingston for veggie junk food. With options like deep fried pickles, waffle fries, veggie dogs or burgers and even a vegan sandwich, you really can’t go wrong here. Harper’s also has a good mid-price point so you won’t break the bank coming for lunch or dinner with your friends! 

9. Flavours of India 

Indian food is generally the perfect fare for vegetarians and vegans alike, and the menu at Flavours of India seriously delivers. With over 10 veggie curries alone, you will undoubtedly be able to find something you fancy here. Even though this place has so many vegetarian/vegan options, it is still a great place to bring your meat eating friends as there are plenty of options for them too! 

10. Mango 

Last but not least, Mango is cooking up some amazing veggie Thai food for you to try. They have plenty of appetizers, noodle dishes and Thai curries which are suitable for both vegetarians and vegans. Mango also has huge portions for such amazing prices so there’s no way you will leave hungry!  

There are many more places with awesome vegetarian and vegan options in Kingston, these are just a few of my personal faves. If you are ever unsure about options, my best tip is to check online or call ahead and ask about options on the menu for you! If you haven’t tried out any of these restaurants in Kingston, definitely give them a shot, you may find your new favourite veggie dish. 

Eirinn Chisholm

Queen's U '21

My name is Eirinn and I'm 21 years old. Thank you for checking out my writing here on Her Campus :)