This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians.  This is a statement that gets me a lot of strange looks and immediate judgment from even my closest friends.  Why do I watch this show?  Nearly everyone asks me this question and I have a number of reasons why I turn on this show on Sunday nights.  First and foremost, this is an easy show to watch.  There is no dramatic conflict, no plotline I have to follow, no blood and gore, just an easy show about crazy rich celebrities.  So whether its doing homework or writing an article as I am doing right now, turning on this show is an easy way to distract myself without having to pay too much attention to what is actually going on.  My second reason usually gets me even more weird looks than my original statement that I watch the show: I enjoy the show because it’s visually pleasing.  From their stainless steel white houses to their perfect closets, the colors and cleanliness of the lives of the Kardashians make the show fun to simply stare at and dream about. Finally, I watch this show because I genuinely find this family somewhat fun.  I love my family more than anything; so I find a TV show solely focused on family to be entertaining and honestly uplifting when things seem chaotic and stressful.  Watching the Kardashians for self care and relaxation doesn’t make a lot of sense to a lot of people, as I have heard time and time again that the Karadashians are stupid or self-absorbed and while that may or may not be true it doesn’t really matter to me.  I watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians and I don’t even call it a guilty pleasure, so if you ever need some mindless visually pleasing TV, maybe give the Kardashian family a try sometime.

Sammy Bonnet

Purdue '21

Sammy is a junior at Purdue University majoring in Elementary Education. When not preparing for her next class, Sammy can be found constantly listening to music, wishing that she was at Disney, or watching her favorite Youtubers!
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.