Upcoming Movies and TV Shows to Be Excited For!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

The days are getting shorter and colder. School is beginning to pile up. But, I still have many things to look forward to before the semester ends, including new movies and TV shows that will be released. Here are a couple of shows and movies to look out for as the semester progresses!

1. Lessons in Chemistry

Miniseries

Release Date: October 13th, still continuing to release every week

Where to Watch: Apple TV

Lessons in Chemistry follows a woman who is a chemist in the 1950s as she navigates the environment of a competitive lab. But when she is forced out of the lab and into “what women should do” she decides to create a TV show to teach housewives recipes as well as how to combat the societal norms which they all live under. So far, the show has released 3 episodes which are all really good. This TV show was also based on a book entitled Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus. This book was so good; I read it in a day on my way to spring break last year. While the miniseries does not go off the book directly, both are compelling and captivating. Definitely check them out!

1. Ballad of Song Birds and Snakes

Movie

Release Date: November 17th

Where to Watch: In theaters

Ballad of Song Birds and Snakes precedes the movie series: The Hunger Games. Travel back in time to follow the first winner from District 12, Lucy Gray Baird in the 10th annual Hunger Games and a young Corolanius Snow, who mentors her. With it being the first time mentors are allowed for the games, there is more uncertainty in the air and the ultimate stakes of the Hunger Games. This again is based on a book entitled Ballad of Song Birds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins.

1. Anyone But You

Movie

Release Date: December 22

Where to Watch: In theaters

Anyone But You is a rom-com that follows two college enemies who reunite after college at a destination wedding, where they pretend to date. Sydney Sweeny and Glen Powell star in this movie, so it is bound to be good. The trailer shows Sweeny and Powell constantly fighting on the surface but there’s definitely something under the surface. Be sure to check this out when it releases!

1. The Buccaneers

TV Show

Release Date: November 8th

Where to Watch: Apple TV

The Buccaneers follow young American women, daughters of the newly rich, sent to London in the 1870s to secure titles and husbands. I am a huge fan of historical romance dramas, so I am looking forward to the intrigue that will be playing out before my eyes. The trailer also depicts that the road for these women is not going to be a straight path, but one with many twists and turns.

I can’t wait for these movies and TV shows to come out. If they are attached to a book, I have read them and am so excited to see how the on-screen adaptations will compare to the books. I look forward to watching them and I hope you are excited too!

Ella Fabian

Purdue '27

Ella Fabian is a freshman writer at the Her Campus at Purdue chapter. She writes primarily entertainment and health verticals on the site. Beyond Her Campus, Ella is a part of The Period Project, Rotaract Club, and multiple pharmacy clubs at Purdue. She is hoping to start a mental health advocacy club on campus as well. Ella is currently a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Pharmaceutical Sciences, and is hoping to minor in German. After graduation, she hopes to work in Psychiatric Pharmacy in a hospital. Though, in her free time, Ella is an avid reader and loves a good rom-com. She also loves playing sports, Volleyball and Basketball, as well as, jamming out to Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo.