Life > Experiences

Unleashing the Lucky Girl Syndrome: Achieve your dream life 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Are you ready to unlock the door to your dream life? Buckle up, because we’re about to embark on a journey to discover the secrets of the “Lucky Girl Syndrome.” This phenomenon isn’t about luck in the traditional sense; it’s about cultivating an unwavering self-belief and harnessing the power of manifestation to make your dreams a reality. 

The Power of Belief 

As Kanye West rightly says, “If you believe you can’t do anything, you won’t do anything.” Our beliefs shape our actions and, consequently, our lives. Your perception of yourself plays a pivotal role in determining your success. If you doubt your desires or lack faith in their realization, you’re inadvertently closing the door to your dreams. Instead, you must have unwavering faith in your goals and confidently ask for what you want, believing it will come to you. 

Meet Lola and Athena 

To understand the Lucky Girl Syndrome, let’s consider two individuals: Lola and Athena. Lola subscribes to the belief that manifestation is a privilege reserved for the few. She thinks success is solely achieved through relentless hustle. When life throws curveballs her way, Lola points fingers at external factors like society, family, or friends, attributing her perceived misfortune to them. This mindset, known as a lack mentality, keeps her perpetually yearning for more without actively affirming her ability to achieve it. 

On the other hand, there’s Athena. She exudes unwavering self-confidence and believes in her limitless potential. Athena is convinced that she can conquer anything life throws at her. She never doubts her abilities and fully embraces the “I am sure” method of manifestation. Her imagination isn’t just a whimsical escape; it’s her reality. 

Shifting Your Reality 

The Lucky Girl Syndrome isn’t a matter of luck; it’s about changing your perception of reality. You hold the power to rewire your brain and convince it that your dreams are attainable. Once you start living in a reality where your desires come true, your brain will follow suit, and your actions will align with your goals. 

Here’s how you can adopt the Lucky Girl Syndrome: 

• Believe in Yourself: Have unwavering faith in your abilities. Embrace the notion that you are in control of your life’s trajectory. 
  •  
  • Practice Affirmations: Regularly affirm to yourself that your dreams are coming true. Positive self-talk can reprogram your mind for success. 
  •  
  • Visualize Your Success: Use your imagination as a powerful tool to create a vivid mental picture of your dreams realized. This visualization will become your reality. 
  •  
  • Eliminate Doubt: Banish doubt from your mind. Recognize and challenge self-limiting beliefs whenever they arise. 
  •  
  • Take Action: The Lucky Girl Syndrome isn’t about wishful thinking alone. Take concrete steps toward your goals and watch your dreams materialize. 

The Lucky Girl Syndrome isn’t reserved for a select few; it’s a mindset available to anyone willing to embrace it. Lola and Athena serve as prime examples of how our beliefs shape our reality. By adopting Athena’s unwavering self-belief and practicing manifestation, you can transform your life and truly become the “lucky girl” you’ve always aspired to be. Remember, the power to shape your destiny lies within you. 

Anaaya is student majoring in PR and strategic communications with a minor in psychology at purdue. She loves fashion, social media, photography, and is an aspiring digital creator on instagram. She is a sucker for mental health awareness and loves being an unpaid therapist. You can never go against her devouring love for The Weeknd, Drake, and Travis Scott.