Top 5 Best Starbucks Winter Drinks Ranked by a Starbucks Barista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I have been working at Starbucks since the beginning of this year which means I have had time to sample most of the drinks they have in store. Most of the time, I try to grab some of the seasonal drinks since they will soon be departing. While on the job, I have been able to sample most, if not all, of Starbucks seasonal winter drinks. I will say, you can’t go wrong getting any of them, but there are definitely some that are better than others. Here are my top five Starbucks winter drinks that you need to try before they depart stores soon.

5. chestnut praline latte

This winter drink is the most underrated of the seasonal winter drinks. It tastes the most like Christmas, in my opinion. It has nutty notes with a comforting taste that will make you melt after every sip.

4. Caramel Brulée Latte

The Caramel Brulée Latte has a familiar, comforting taste to that of the caramel latte. It just… tastes different. It tastes richer and darker than that of the common, more well known and loved caramel latte. If you want the taste of a winter drink, but still love your favorite classics, then the caramel brulée latte is for you.

3. Peppermint White Hot Chocolate

The peppermint white hot chocolate is the best seasonal drink for those who do not like the taste of coffee. It is similar to a regular hot chocolate but with a little ~spice~ added to it. That spice being peppermint. If you like the taste of an Andes mint or a junior mint, then this is the drink for you.

2. Toasted White Mocha

The toasted white mocha comes in at number 2 on my list. It has a blend of toasted marshmallow and white chocolate making it taste close to a smore. This mocha is very smooth and has just the right amount of sweetness. But beware: the caloric count is the highest in this seasonal drink.

1. Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte

Is it surprising this new seasonal favorite is number one? It is always sold out. This comforting, warm drink comes in at number one on my list. I could list hundreds of reasons why this beaut is on the top but that would be too long of a blog to read. Specifically, this drink has the right amount of espresso, milk, and syrup in it. It is even the lowest caloric drink on the seasonal winter menu.

Ava Smith

Purdue '23

Hello! My name is Ava Smith. I am a junior studying Advertising and Film Studies. I am from a suburb of Chicago called St. Charles and enjoy all the wonderful parks it has to offer. My hobbies consist of writing, filmmaking, and spontaneous adventures with friends. Currently, I am the Multimedia Manager for Boiler Communication and Social Media Moguel at the Hub on State Street. This is my second year being involved in Her Campus and I am so excited about all the new memories and opportunities I will make this year and for years to come!