To All the Swifties Who Need a Book Recommendation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Swifties, I know we are all obsessed with the brewing romance between Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. But once the weekly Kansas City Chiefs game ends, I want and need more. When rumors were being spread about their romance, I was reading a book entitled, When Stars Collide by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. As I continued throughout the book, I realized it perfectly sums up what I believe is happening behind the scenes of the most viewed romance in 2023.

When Stars Collide follows a backup quarterback for a team in the NFL, Thaddeus Owens, and an international opera superstar, Olivia Shore. Though they are respective stars in their own career fields, they have never met until they must work together to promote a luxury watch brand. Both are stubborn, competitive, and lost in different ways. When haunting events start to occur left and right, will they be able to work together to solve these problems and the problems that plague themselves?

This book is definitely for the people who are obsessed with the enemies to lovers trope, especially the people who love good banter. But while they may be enemies, the care they have for each other may slip through the cracks and shine out into the world. Whether you are a fan of the Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift romance or not, this overall is a really good sports romance book for the fall football season. Happy reading!

Ella Fabian

Purdue '27

Ella Fabian is a freshman writer at the Her Campus at Purdue chapter. She writes primarily entertainment and health verticals on the site. Beyond Her Campus, Ella is a part of The Period Project, Rotaract Club, and multiple pharmacy clubs at Purdue. She is hoping to start a mental health advocacy club on campus as well. Ella is currently a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Pharmaceutical Sciences, and is hoping to minor in German. After graduation, she hopes to work in Psychiatric Pharmacy in a hospital. Though, in her free time, Ella is an avid reader and loves a good rom-com. She also loves playing sports, Volleyball and Basketball, as well as, jamming out to Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo.