bridgerton pall mall?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bridgerton pall mall?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
LIAM DANIEL/NETFLIX

The Wait is Almost Over. Bridgerton Season 3 Airs May 16th.

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Calling all fans, enthusiasts, and people who have never heard of the show…. Bridgerton Season 3 is airing in less than 4 weeks. For all the fans who have been waiting, I have been with you for two years and understand your yearning for the show to finally come out, and if you have no clue what I am talking about, let me introduce you to my favorite show.

Bridgerton is based on 8 books from Julia Quinn that follow a family of eight siblings, all named in alphabetically order, A-H. Through each season, a different sibling finds love and tries to balance societal norms with figuring out who they are in spite of them. In season one, Daphne, the fourth sibling and first daughter of the family finds love through a fake dating scheme. Then in the second season, Anthony Bridgerton, the Viscount, finds love and himself through an enemies to lovers trope. This all leads us to the third season airing.

The third season will be a deviation from the books. Instead of following the third book, which follows Benedict Bridgerton, the show will follow the fourth book, Romancing Mr. Bridgerton, that follows Colin Bridgerton, the third son, and Penelope Featherington. The show will follow a scorned Penelope, after her long crush on Colin, who just heard him declare that he would “never dream of courting Penelope Featherington”. This, lets just say, left Penelope heart broken. But instead of moping, our leading lady will take the debutante floor, looking for a husband. But, will Colin be okay with all of this, loosing his friend that is possible more to him than he ever imagined? Only time will tell.

I wish I could tell you that the whole season will be airing on May 16th, 2024. But, I can not. The season will air in two parts, the first of the season airing on May 16th and the second half on June 13th. But even with this divided drop, the wait will be worth it. To satisfy your craving and curiosity, watch the trailer . I watched it at least 5 times in 30 minutes when it dropped. Don’t worry, you will be hooked on this show as much as I am, all in due time. Happy watching!

Ella Fabian

Purdue '27

Ella Fabian is a freshman writer at the Her Campus at Purdue chapter. She writes primarily entertainment and health verticals on the site. Beyond Her Campus, Ella is a part of The Period Project, Rotaract Club, and multiple pharmacy clubs at Purdue. She is hoping to start a mental health advocacy club on campus as well. Ella is currently a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Pharmaceutical Sciences, and is hoping to minor in German. After graduation, she hopes to work in Psychiatric Pharmacy in a hospital. Though, in her free time, Ella is an avid reader and loves a good rom-com. She also loves playing sports, Volleyball and Basketball, as well as, jamming out to Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo.