Songs that make me feel like I’m the main character in a movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Walking through campus, going to a class you don’t necessarily like, you need types of songs that make you feel like you’re the main character in your own movie. Lately I have been wanting to enjoy my life more, look at my walks to classes as a blessing and a gift and not as a task. I feel like feeling like I’m in a movie has helped me in a really weird way and listening to these songs on REPEAT has helped me a lot.

1. Vienna – Billy Joel

This song is a classic, the combination between the soothing piano and the amazing lyrics just  makes me feel like a main character that is reading in a coffee shop thinking about ambitions.

• Way back when – Kodaline

Although this song makes me cry basically anytime, I listen to it, I still think you should add it to your main character playlist. It’s a song about nostalgia and living in the moment. Thinking about makes me imagine myself in the future looking back at pictures of me now thinking that I was living my best life.  

• Free – Parcels

This song makes me feel like I’m at the end of a movie and the main character is just enjoying life after a difficult plot. Maybe a movie about the struggles with self-love, and the song will play at the end of the movie when the character learns to love her flaws.

• Waste a moment – Kings of Leon

I feel like this would be the perfect main character moment for my grunge era girls, you know the ones that “aren’t like every other girl”. For some reason this song makes me feel like I’m the main character in an Indie film and I’m the new girl that is in a car with a group of friends with the windows down.

• Sex on fire – Kings of Leon

The only reason this song makes me feel like I’m in a movie living my best life is because it reminds me of Gossip Girl. GG is the show with the best music hands down, and I’m just here for every moment.

Camila Gumucio is the social media director at the Purdue Her Campus chapter! She designs the social media content fro Instagram posts as well as reels and keeps everyone updated on what is going on with the chapter! Beyond HerCampus, Camila also does social media at the Purdue Registrar's Office, where she is also tasked to keep student's updated on important registration dates. She studies a double major of Marketing and Brain and Behavioral Sciences and is set to graduate May of 2025. In her free time, Camila enjoys time with her friends having tea time, and exercising listening to musics. She also likes to balance her time alone and enjoys some peace and quite every once in a while to organize :)